Decal set

Thread: Decal set

Default Decal set

Is there a decal set available for the minis in the game, and how do I get one?....or has anyone used any alternative decals from a specific time period?

There was a small decal set given away to Kickstarter backers. No other official ones, I can probably scan or photograph it if you're interested, it's mainly Allied/Blight flags.

I've not tried to use any. I doubt you'll have any problems as long as the paint you use accepts them, as this is likely what they'll bond to.
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars

I have a scan of them too richard if you need a copy, as long as it doesn't step on anyone's toes of course, I think they may have been a KS exclusive and as far as I am aware they are not going to retail?

When it comes to decals I tend to scan them as routine, this way they can be cropped and manipulated and printed on decal paper to fit onto any areas you wish as you often find the symbol you require is just too big or small for purpose!

They should be fine on any paint surfaces, I recommend using a liquid called microsol to fix them, once applied simply paint this over the decal and it will soften the decal allowing it to form to any irregular shape such as rivets and small gaps
    Have fun!

I have 4 of those decal sheets with no intention of using them so if you want them let me know

Also, go to Battle Bin
    They are selling a "Rivet Wars Booster Pack" (or something like that)
    For only $15 you get 2 decal sheets, 4 faction dice for each side, faction patches, and (more importantly) a number of unit models (the tank, support unit, 2 infantry, and a couple of heroes for both factions)

Just spotted that yesterday and couldn't resist (mostly for the Ostrich and Sturmpanzer which has to be the cheapest I've seen them around individually)

Thanks for the info guys, I'll check out the Battle Bin and see what I can find, I'll check out the booster pack

Quote Originally Posted by Solarious View Post
    I have 4 of those decal sheets with no intention of using them so if you want them let me know

Also, go to Battle Bin
    They are selling a "Rivet Wars Booster Pack" (or something like that)
    For only $15 you get 2 decal sheets, 4 faction dice for each side, faction patches, and (more importantly) a number of unit models (the tank, support unit, 2 infantry, and a couple of heroes for both factions)

Just spotted that yesterday and couldn't resist (mostly for the Ostrich and Sturmpanzer which has to be the cheapest I've seen them around individually)
    Thanks for pointing me toward the Battle Bin site, I purchased the booster pack, what a deal!!, there's two vehicles pictured but not listed in the deal, I wonder if they'll be included too, the Monowheel, and the Rocket Cycle, it would be great if they were also included

I noticed that the cavalry units were pictured and not listed
    the Blight hero is also different between the pic and list
    We'll see when it comes in a couple days

Dude that is an absolute steal, I almost bought two if it wasn't for needing a new fridge and the postal charge bringing price up a bit.
    Was only buying for conversion fodder though, but still a shame.
    For those in USA the site also sells some of the base sets for pretty reasonable prices too : ) perfect bolster for those with just the base set and few other bits, top find

I got a shipping confirmation that mine is on the way, should be here in 2 or 3 days, I'll post what I get in my set

Just got my Battle Bin Booster Pack

Opening it I found that for one that they forgot to put it one of the infantry I was supposed to get
    Not honestly that big of a deal really when it comes down to it

Second, the heroes that are included (Uncle Rivet, Iron Chancellor, and Terror Nova) are actually the Kickstarter "exclusive" alternate sculpts- Nice! I didn't have any clue bout Rivet Wars when the KS ran so those are new for me

No cavalry units though like shown in the picture

All in all though I would (and probably will) buy another one (if only for the tanks- I'm starting to put together a pretty serious couple of armor divisions)

Got mine today too, no issues, everything was there, maybe BattleBin needs to redo the picture so people won't get confused about the cavalry pieces not being a part of the deal. I would like to get a few more infantry pieces though so I might buy the two sets of 9 each on eBay for around $8 each. I have the two sets of tanks now from the core set and the booster set, a heavy metal expansion, and second wave on the way, so I have enough armor units.
    Last edited by RichardC; 01-07-2016 at 05:52 PM.