Dr. Bob's WIP Thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dr. Bob's WIP Thread

Trying out blue/purple. I like it! Still need to highlight and do the claws...
    Name:  E8DD0A1E-B825-4437-B363-DE1193825DB3.jpeg
Views: 207
Size:  798.5 KB

Also took photo of dreadnought to post.
    Name:  01E7A8AB-5986-4CEF-8CAF-CA0E7148D231.jpeg
Views: 208
Size:  570.6 KB

The genestealer looks cool! And Good job on the big dreadnought

Good job on both! I really like the color combo on the genestealer; with some refined edge highlighting, I'm sure they would look really dynamic.

Keep it coming!

Nice work Dr! The dready looks great. Did you freehand the white detail, or use decals?

Decals (with Micro Sol and Micro Set). Wouldn't have the freehand skills to pull them off otherwise!

As usual, got distracted and tackled other unfinished models that were crying out for attention:

Name:  C3E3C349-EEE8-4918-8BAA-EF2616B9CF88.jpeg
Views: 161
Size:  1.74 MB

Here are the (almost) completed Sicarian Ruststalkers:

Name:  43B31C32-DCCC-4F5A-92E5-F439A90C95D2.jpeg
Views: 161
Size:  952.2 KB
    Last edited by Dr. Bob; 05-11-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Nice work! The ruststalkers came out great. The bases are awesome too. What did you use for them?

Thanks! I used a little sand and gravel, a little Agrellan Earth (for the crackle effect), leaving some of the base bare. Used a red-brown in patches, then washed the whole thing with Agrax Earthshade. A little dry brushing of the red-brown, and that's it!

Very nice. I have to look into the Agrellan Earth. GW has some good effects paints, it seems...

Put a space marine casualty on a dreadnought base. Might use it as an objective marker.
    Name:  AB22657A-F232-4D9E-BC36-D7A16ACCB515.jpeg
Views: 102
Size:  573.3 KB

And randomly painted up an old Chainmail mini (Spitting Felldrake). Felldrakes don't have wings, so I added a pair to make a baby dragon.
    Name:  27872BFF-A9D6-45D1-862A-07D04ED4A920.jpeg
Views: 101
Size:  300.1 KB

(If you are feeling kind, please throw some votes my way! Would like to get some minis over 50 votes someday!)

How'd you do the casualty? With a quick look, it looks like you either sculpted or modified the cape to flow correctly atop the figure? What was your process? I've been wanting to do something like this for some more interesting bases. Looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by DaBeebs View Post
    How'd you do the casualty? With a quick look, it looks like you either sculpted or modified the cape to flow correctly atop the figure? What was your process? I've been wanting to do something like this for some more interesting bases. Looks good!
    I'm afraid that my "process" = "Space Marine Casualties", an OOP set of three wounded/dead space marines. I stuck him on a sculpted base and added a right arm (power sword), but otherwise can't take any sculpting credit.

The ruststalker are looking good... I'd just suggest to make them a bit more "rusty". They seem like coming directly from the factory.

And I hear your voice, regarding 50 votes. Stepped into your library and left a vote for each of your pieces.
    It's hard to reach the 50 votes threshold... I'm still waiting for my pictures to get there, too ...
    Last edited by Graishak; 05-26-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Great job on these figures Dr. Bob. Ruststalkers look great (but where's the rust?) Bases look great and I do miss that "dead Space Marine" pack.

The Omnissiah may not approve of poorly maintained machinery, but you guys are right, they would look better with some rust. Hmm, will see what I can do...

Graishak, thanks! I checked out your gallery; you are crazy prolific! Will add my votes...

Thanks mate... highly appreciating.

If you wanna try out some rust effects, here how I create it:
    a) drybrushing a bit "bronze" colour on parts of the mini
    b) inking parts of the mini with dark red ink (GW Reikland Fleshshade)
    c) drybrushing a bit "brown" colour on parts of the mini
    Combining of these three works as well ;-)

Another product (if you haven't heard of it) is Rustall (https://www.rustall.com/) But I understand if the Omnissiah intimidates you into leaving them clean