several questions not covered by rules and errata

Thread: several questions not covered by rules and errata

Default several questions not covered by rules and errata

1) monkey queen - can she copy several abilities in one turn, or just one?
    2) dread knight - only crits score a hit, and if I have weapon with crit = more hits effect, does it count too, or just strictly one crit = one hit, no matter what effects?

1) The Monkey Queen copies the ability during her activation and you can only activate any a given hero a single time during a turn. So in conclusion, no she cannot copy several abilities in one turn.
    2) The Dread King's ability essentially means swords/bows count as misses against him. Any additional crit triggers will still happen. And the order of those triggers are determined by the active player.

Thanks, I though the whole time when hero is played is considered as activation, not only the moment when you touch the figure and play with it.
    Also another question.
    Quest with helping the eagles (I think) is finished by taking quest token to a certain space, situation is, that one of my figures has quest token and another two of my figures stand on the portal space, do I have to end on that space to finish quest, or is it enough to just pass trough the space with the token since is not blocked for me and end somewhere else?

Just to clarify, when your turn begins you choose a hero to activate or you choose to rest your guild. It would be at this point where, if you activated the monkey queen, you would then get the chance to copy an ability.

As for the quest token question, I cannot find any specific ruling that you need to end your turn at the requested space. I believe they say you just need to bring the token to that space and in moving through the space you would essentially have brought the token there. My play group would probably allow you to move through the space to complete the quest.

Just to be clear as far as the dread King is concerned
    If I score one critical hit with a weapon that will do two extra hits per critical then I would have hit the dread night for one wound for the critical and two more wounds for the two extra hits ?
    Also any cards that say they do extra wounds would those extra wounds also count against the dread King ?
    Just ran into this today
    thanks for the help

Your one critical will count as 3 hits in that case. Since the dread king does not have defense then they all turn into wounds.

To answer your second question, no they would not since the dread king only counts criticals to be applied. So any other roll is just ignored when applied to the dread king. Which then likely negates the bonus of the item/ability.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigoras View Post
    Your one critical will count as 3 hits in that case. Since the dread king does not have defense then they all turn into wounds.
    Not sure if this is the case. If a crit counts as 2 hits - that's not the same as 2 crits. We don't play it like that.
    If you hit a normal monster/hero with that weapon you can't reroll the extra wounds, so they don't count as crit rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Teowulff View Post
    Not sure if this is the case. If a crit counts as 2 hits - that's not the same as 2 crits. We don't play it like that.
    If you hit a normal monster/hero with that weapon you can't reroll the extra wounds, so they don't count as crit rolls.
    His scenario was having a weapon that does 2 extra hits on a critical roll. The dread king says only crits cause hits.
    So his 1 critical is now worth 3 hits and is still valid since it was the critical roll that caused the extra hits.

I do not know if such a weapon exists but I vaguely recall one existing.