Golden demon 2016 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

Thread: Golden demon 2016

  1. #21

    Default

    Skel - I think the Sigmar dudes were by Amy Snuggs, she lives local to me with our GW store manager. She's not been painting that long, couple of years

  2. #22
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf the Grey View Post
    Skel - I think the Sigmar dudes were by Amy Snuggs, she lives local to me with our GW store manager. She's not been painting that long, couple of years
    i thought that unit was pretty good!

    actually nice photos from this competition in comparison with wh fest which are just plain awful.

  4. #24

    Default

    ok for all EU people ( :P ) there is finally another non-uk Golden Demon announced, http://warhammerworld.games-workshop...pean-open-day/

    A total of five (5!!) weeks notice for a golden demon is really the way to go, lots of time, LOTS, to prepare awesome stuff. makes you wonder if they have any experiences with miniatures at all...

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    ok for all EU people ( :P ) there is finally another non-uk Golden Demon announced, http://warhammerworld.games-workshop...pean-open-day/

    A total of five (5!!) weeks notice for a golden demon is really the way to go, lots of time, LOTS, to prepare awesome stuff. makes you wonder if they have any experiences with miniatures at all...
    That came out of the blue at very short notice! But it looks like a change of policy and hopefully the return of Non UK Demons.

  6. #26

    Default

    I agree that its a good sign of things to come

    As for the short notice, well the single mini cabinet will be full and the squad cabinet not so much.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

  7. #27

    Default

    hopefully there is quite a lot of nice entries in all categories, amsterdam is quite large after all and they have hosted "the fang" semi-gd there for a few years so... it will be interesting to see what they have to offer.

    not sure how well planned it is to have it the very same day as the quite popular "scale model challenge" in the Netherlands though...

    but yeah, its finally heading the right direction!

  8. #28

    Default

    speaking of gd, gw and such... comment on this?

  9. #29

    Default

    big news!, times r a changing.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

  10. #30

    Default

    yup. guess we can expect darren as head judge from now on (?).

  11. #31

    Default

    Hope so, he knows his stuff
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

  12. #32

    Default

    Alan's retirement is a pretty big deal he's been a huge influence on the hobby. As Lee says ' times r a changing'.

  13. #33

    Default

    well you know he probably hit 50 so time to retire eh Sprocket?
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

  14. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    well you know he probably hit 50 so time to retire eh Sprocket?
    Well lets face it 50 is pretty decrepit, probably best to just quietly fade away!

  15. #35

    Default

    Well categories for Amsterdam gd is up and it's not like the classic UK one, they merged 40k and fantasy together so it's only 6 categories.

  16. #36
    Superfreak!!! Dragonsreach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs, UK (A Geordie in Exile)
    Posts
    17,305
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    well you know he probably hit 50 so time to retire eh Sprocket?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sproket View Post
    Well lets face it 50 is pretty decrepit, probably best to just quietly fade away!
    So what's 60 then guys?

    As to Alan Merrit's retirement, I doubt that it is going to change anything in the judging of Golden Deamon's.
    But I had my say on that a long time ago.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

  17. #37

    Default

    I really think should should give the new Coventry venue a try Mike, its changed loads since those times in all aspects of the event.
    It would be great to see you there after such a long time. I will talk to you about it at Euro next week
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

  18. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    So what's 60 then guys?

    As to Alan Merrit's retirement, I doubt that it is going to change anything in the judging of Golden Deamon's.
    But I had my say on that a long time ago.
    Er well 60 is like being a zombie but with less eating of brains and more tea drinking .........smell identical though
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

  19. #39
    Superfreak!!! Dragonsreach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs, UK (A Geordie in Exile)
    Posts
    17,305
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Er well 60 is like being a zombie but with less eating of brains and more tea drinking .........smell identical though
    VENGEANCE WILL BE MINE!
    After all what's Euro without an Andy rip take?


    Just talking to Paul earlier realised its 20 years since we went to our first GD.
    Bugger.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

  20. #40

    Default

    25years me. I was 15.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->