The doopest dopeness (or not) by Gino2dope - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The doopest dopeness (or not) by Gino2dope

Way cool this piece,way way cool.

Good to see you still at it. Another great little project taking shape here.

Hi All,

I would like to present to you the bust I'm working on this moment. It's a resin casting by Fer miniatures which required almost no cleaning up!
    As always, in my case anyway, all is painted using acrylics and inks. At the moment I'm kind of bored always painting the same zenithal light, so once again I'm experimenting with directional light.

I'm curious to hear what you all think of it, and all and any tips on how to improve my work are greatly appreciated.

Cheers and thanks for watching,

Gino

Exsquisite paintwork Gino!!! I expect nothing less.

Loving that interplay of color. It's red & green, but you've found a place for a zillion other shades as well. Off to a great start.

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for the responses, it keep me motivated to keep trowing paint around

In the past I used one base colour, an higlight and shadow colour for each surface that has the same colour, i.e. the skin. Now I use different base colours, highlights and shades depending on how the surface relates to the lightsource (I hope this makes any sense), so maybe that's how the zillion colours got in there. It makes me thing harder and more about what colours to use, but it seems like this might be the challenge I needed to get more painting done. Was a bit bored with my previous way of painting.

Take care,

Gino

Name:  roli4.JPG
Views: 214
Size:  134.8 KBAs I made some progress on this bust, I can show you some pictures. By now I consider the face, shirt and the big rusted metal piece on his back, although some last minute touches will most probably made. The leather straps are base coated and have received a first layer of inks. Next is highlighting, shading and detailing these belts and then come the big metal cheastplate. Looking forward to that as I would like to do some freehand work on that.
    As always I would love to hear what you think of it and all tips & tricks on how to improve are greatly appreciated.
    Take care,
    Gino
    Last edited by Gino2dope; 02-02-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Default Militarum tempestus scion

Brand : Games Workshop

Size : 28mm

Material : plastic

Paints used : acrylics, inks and pigments

Finished :summer 2018

Special thanks to Marcel de Wijs for taking these pictures, something I'm no good at at all.

Another experiment with OSL. My first GW figure ever! Now I know the great quality of these plastic figures, I'll be doing more of them. Next one will be a cawdor gang banger.

Cheers,

Gino

Name:  DSCF2475.JPG
Views: 208
Size:  134.6 KBName:  DSCF2476.JPG
Views: 212
Size:  123.4 KBName:  DSCF2477.JPG
Views: 208
Size:  209.3 KBName:  DSCF2478.JPG
Views: 207
Size:  228.1 KB

No that is talent!!!! Dopening of the dopest of dopity Dopik dolphins dope!!! Anyone who thinks otherwise is simply A DOPE!!!

Thank you so much BaM, yet I feel there's so much I need to improve on. Transitions from dark to light is one of them, way to harsh now. But since I started painting in my "old historical" way again I'm feeling a bit less disgusting by what I paint.

Keep on painting,

Gino(2dope)

Really awesome work Gino. The OSL came out great. Mad skills that i’m once again jealous of!

Forgot to add your dopeness excellency . That bust is ssssmoooth! Btw that exactly how the pros paint using diff basecolors of the same color in reference to where the surfaces are in response to light and how close it is to the zenith.

Hi StephanWolf,

Thank you very much for your praising words. No talent to be jealous of, just a lot of trials and especially errors

Hi Bam,

That's one of the many things 4im still struggling with how to place the different basecolors and especially how to blend them together smoothly and that they still looks part of the same color. Kind of hard to explain, but I can say I has given me more than one sleepless night.

Question Dj Psycho

Hi guys,

Here are a couple of pics of a bust I'm currently working on. It's a resin casting by JMD and they say it's a fighter pilot. Well, in my fantasy he's a dj of the future with big reversed stereo (THE sound of the 24th century) loudspeakers on his ears. I'm trying to paint him as if a green light, he might be on stage and who knows what light effects they'll use in the future, is shining from behind him. This is also a great excuse to paint some logo's of some of my all time favourite groups. There all of the same label, Psychophatic, which is also why I named him DJ psycho. I've seen on these pics that the green area of the light should reach more to the front of his hat, something I have already corrected. I'm now in the midst of painting some more logo's on the back of his head (Bang, Pow, Boom, the missing link and the mighty dead pop.

Please let me know what you think of it, also if you think it is absolutely shit, and what I might do to improve. I'm asking because I have no other contact with the model world any more, due to a chronical disease, and the internet is about the only feedback I can get. So I basically don't know if what I'm doing is in the good direction or maybe I'm just a complete nerd who does all the things wrong, so please all and any help is very much welcome.

Cheers,

Gino(2dope)

Name:  dj1c.JPG
Views: 159
Size:  85.5 KBName:  dj2a.JPG
Views: 157
Size:  93.2 KB

Forgot to aad this picture, which is much clearer.

Name:  dj2c.JPG
Views: 155
Size:  144.6 KBName:  dj2b.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  121.5 KB

Hello,
    I would like to show some in progress pictures of another 28mm Games Workshop miniature I'm painting. This time it's from there game named "Necromunda", set in the future in a dark grimm world, which in my fanatasy, is situated underneath the surface of the "regular" society. Maybe this is also the case in the game itself, the name does suggest it, but as I don't play games I have no clue.
    Again all is painted using acrylics, inks and pigments and I would love to hear what you think of it, either good or bad, and how I can improve.
    Thank you very much for watching,
    Gino.

Name:  cawdor2a.JPG
Views: 159
Size:  97.4 KB Name:  cawdor2d.JPG
Views: 155
Size:  118.8 KB
    Name:  cawdor2e.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  123.1 KB Name:  base2a.JPG
Views: 157
Size:  46.9 KB

Some really nice work G2D. Really like the bust and the guy with some 40th millennium crotch rot, er...I mean OSL. Really nice scheme for the Crawdor guy as well

I’d give you some tips but it’s already 2dope for me. You have the “historical” matte look perfect. Reminds me of some shit off of fallout. Damn fine job!

Nice work all the way around, but I especially like the DJ. You are really bringing out a great personality from that sculpt. It the hat like that or did you convert it?