The doopest dopeness (or not) by Gino2dope - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The doopest dopeness (or not) by Gino2dope

Whaaaat can i say-well first no disease could ever stop the onslaught of your wizardwandesq brush!!! Such a delight to finally see just some very anticipated and marvelous work from your end of the earth. You have a huge amount of talent and an even larger amount of creativity to come up with dj psycho -EXCELLENT WORK THERE. Just phenomenal work there.
    My favorite though is and I’ve seen quite a few of these cawdor minis... this is just an incredible pice if painting magic bro. I can only add that -change nothing !!!your artistry and creative juices combined with a solid technical skillset make me desire , covet and await with anticipation your work as it continues to amaze,inspire and makes us feel plain ole awesome inside. Gino your dope bro-some Ill type awesome shiznits .
    BaM

Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for your nice comments. You guys have motivated me to keep on throwing paint, I can't explain how important these comments are to me!!!

Hi Ekipag,

Yeah, if the OSL thing doesn't work on that little dude I can still say he has some kind of std. Like the burning mushroom disease or so. Don't plant this at home though!

Hi Stephanwolf,

I wish someone would do an high quality resin bust or big scale figure from Fallout. Those games have given me so much day of post nuclear fun. Well, more figures based on computer games should appear if it was up to me.

Hello Sainttoad,

No, nothing changed on the hat it's like that. There are more great little bust in the JMD range, well worth checking out. There's also one of a co pilot tor this figure, but mine will be a star player of a futuristic American Football kind of sport, but with a lot more violence!!! No, it's not called Bloodbowl

Hi Bam,

Wow thank you my man! Such nice comments coming from one of my idols, didn't just made my day but a whole year!!! I never like to copy any artist, afterall a copy is still just a copy, but I like to think that my work is influenced by a bunch of artist. And you are one of them, and especially the Cawdor figure was painted with your figures as inspiration. More Cawdor, but also 40k, figures are in the pipeline, and that's all thanks to you. So shizzle my nizzle!!!

Keep those brushes wet and happy painting,

Gino

Loving your work Gino, the bust is superb but special shout out to the Cawdor guy. Nostalgia is strong with this one for me ha, but you've done a great job with the muted colours in him.

Wow the bust looks really great! Love the face.

Hi Sigmar3,

Muted colours is more my thing I guess. Before I started painting fantasy I have painted historical figures for about 20 years, and there everything was kept muted. I never used white to lighten a colour, let alone use pure white to highlight, when doing historicals. Except for the highest highlight on white fabrics. Before I started painting fantasy I've watched a lot of tutorials on Youtube and so, and that had influenced me a lot, making me paint in a way I'm not comfortable with at all. It seems like everything I do is like new to me and thus no good results are achieved. I will now trhow in a muted figure from time to time, just to feel better about my painting.

Hello CyaniDe,

Thank you very much. The face I feel isn't that bad, but I'm nervous about the green light effect. At the moment it doesn't really "does it" for me, but I hope to get that better in the future?

Thanks for taking the time to comment,

Gino(2dope)

The Necromunda mini is pretty cool. I like the earthy gritty tones you are using.

The freckles on the bust are sweet, but the texture on the hat is really impressive.

Hi Krulebear,

Thank you very much for your nice remarks. I had a very good time painting the Necromunda figie, and I have a feeling that this won't be my last.

The freckles is very easy to do. With a fine paointed brush I painted them using slightly dilluted armour brown by Vallejo model air. Once this was dry I gave it a very thin glaze wiht the lightest highlight colour for the skintones. The texture on the hat is easy to, just paint the deepest point with a dark colour and then highlight just underneath with a very light higlight color. I used black and white since I nknew I was going to add green glazes over it at a lter stage.

Besy wishes,

Gino(2dope)

Ladies and germs I told y’all he was dope!!!!!!!!! Recipe saved!!!

Hello all,

included are some pictures of an 28mm resin figure I've finished recently. It's by Durgin Paint Forge and the quality of the sculpt and cast are truly exceptional. The wooden floor was made using a textured rolling pin by Greenstuff world. Some accessoires were added from the spare parts box, sorry but I can't remember the brand anymore.
    Again, all was painted using acrylics and ink, and on the wooden planks I have even used some oil paint!

Thanks for watching, I'm curious to read your comments about it.

Cheers,

Gino

Name:  trouble1c.JPG
Views: 159
Size:  78.2 KBName:  trouble1b.JPG
Views: 157
Size:  79.4 KBName:  trouble1f.JPG
Views: 162
Size:  47.8 KBName:  trouble1g.JPG
Views: 158
Size:  68.7 KBName:  trouble1d.JPG
Views: 160
Size:  73.6 KBName:  trouble1e.JPG
Views: 158
Size:  70.0 KBName:  trouble1h.JPG
Views: 162
Size:  91.8 KBName:  ytouble1a.JPG
Views: 160
Size:  78.0 KB

Truly truly excellente !!! Magnificent effects rendering a clever play on light and shadows def puts this as a favorite of mine.

Ditto on that great use of directional light! Really nice work on this miniature

Really interesting to look at, and obviously really well painted. The osl works wonderfully

Those Durgin minis are lovely looking, seen quite a few on Instagram and they always come out looking great. Interesting approach to this with the extreme split in light sources, work really well and i’m sure it made for a fun project and learning process.

Hi guys,

thank you all for these great comments!

The directional light is realy great fun to do, although sometimes also a bit frustrating as are most things in life when you just start with it. If you haven't done this before I can only advise you to try it! I feel it makes me think in a whole new way not only of light and shadows, but also colors and even the forms of things. Painting a face with a light coming from left or right is so different than using zenithal light. One day I'll try a light comming from below.

Those Durgin figures are realy excellent. If you loved the Rackham figures back in the day, you will adore these. After seeing a couple of them in the flesh, I bought the whole range. So many small little fun details to discover.

Tahnks once again and I hope to be able to answer on all your threads later this week,

Gino

Looks really good! I’ll second (third, fourth, whatever) what everyone’s said about the OSL. Love all those arcane books!

Hi Sainttoad,

Thank you very much for your comment. I'm glad you noticed the books are meant to be demonic, so this is no sorcerer to mess around with. Even if he often can be found at the library!

Cheers,

Gino(2dope)

That dwarf looks awesome and such a characterful sculpt that you brought to life.

Very nice OSL on the dwarf and individual color scheme. I like this.

Thank you guys for the nice comments!

Included I post 2 pictures of a figure I'm currently working on. It's a 54mm resin casting by Blacksmith miniatures. They've done a whole serie of gnoomes like this one all inspired by the illustrations of Moinge. Again, all acrylics and inks and I'm trying to paint like there is a blueish light on him coming from behind. I have no title yet, so all suggestions are more than welcome.

Enjoy the weekend, and for all the cyclist fans : Vive le tour de Flandres!

Gino(2dope)

Name:  coal2a.JPG
Views: 90
Size:  134.8 KBName:  coal2b.JPG
Views: 88
Size:  124.9 KB

Face and hands look great! I don't really see the the blue light at least on the hat bit, but if you haven't really started that part yet then I guess I understand why I don't see it. Are you just going with a traditional yellow light for the candle on the front? Should look pretty nice with the blue/yellow contrast