The doopest dopeness (or not) by Gino2dope - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The doopest dopeness (or not) by Gino2dope

Way cool this piece,way way cool.

Good to see you still at it. Another great little project taking shape here.

Hi All,

I would like to present to you the bust I'm working on this moment. It's a resin casting by Fer miniatures which required almost no cleaning up!
    As always, in my case anyway, all is painted using acrylics and inks. At the moment I'm kind of bored always painting the same zenithal light, so once again I'm experimenting with directional light.

I'm curious to hear what you all think of it, and all and any tips on how to improve my work are greatly appreciated.

Cheers and thanks for watching,

Gino

Exsquisite paintwork Gino!!! I expect nothing less.

Loving that interplay of color. It's red & green, but you've found a place for a zillion other shades as well. Off to a great start.

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for the responses, it keep me motivated to keep trowing paint around

In the past I used one base colour, an higlight and shadow colour for each surface that has the same colour, i.e. the skin. Now I use different base colours, highlights and shades depending on how the surface relates to the lightsource (I hope this makes any sense), so maybe that's how the zillion colours got in there. It makes me thing harder and more about what colours to use, but it seems like this might be the challenge I needed to get more painting done. Was a bit bored with my previous way of painting.

Take care,

Gino

As I made some progress on this bust, I can show you some pictures. By now I consider the face, shirt and the big rusted metal piece on his back, although some last minute touches will most probably made. The leather straps are base coated and have received a first layer of inks. Next is highlighting, shading and detailing these belts and then come the big metal cheastplate. Looking forward to that as I would like to do some freehand work on that.
    As always I would love to hear what you think of it and all tips & tricks on how to improve are greatly appreciated.
    Take care,
    Gino