Rules questions

Thread: Rules questions

Default Rules questions

Hello.

I just got the game and have read the rules but not played yet. I have a couple of questions.

1. The rules indicate that Bosuns and Deckhands must attack orthogonally adjacent zones if they can, but they say nothing about which zone should be targeted first if more than one zone is available to target. Does this mean that the active player is free to choose the order in which zones will be targeted by Bosuns and/or Deckhands, or is there a prescribed priority order for targeting?

2. The rules are clear about how the Kraken is summoned, but I see nothing to indicate how the Sea Dragon would enter play. Did I miss that or does the Sea Dragon only come into play for expansions?

Thanks,
    Dave

1. If they can attack multiple targets, their owner chooses who they attack.

2. Each Tide Deck has a Summon Sea Dragon card in it.
    CMON Design and Development Manager
    Designer: A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft, Bloodborne, Masters of the Universe: Clash for Eternia

Great - thanks!

I felt silly for asking the second question when I discovered the Sea Dragon card during our first play of the game last night.

We ended up having both the Sea Dragon and the Kraken out at the same time, so that was fun.

Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davethompson68 View Post
    Great - thanks!

I felt silly for asking the second question when I discovered the Sea Dragon card during our first play of the game last night.

We ended up having both the Sea Dragon and the Kraken out at the same time, so that was fun.

Cheers,
    Dave
    I seem to recall that either the card or the rule books states that when the Kraken comes out, the Sea Dragon goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by hrhead View Post
    I seem to recall that either the card or the rule books states that when the Kraken comes out, the Sea Dragon goes away.
    Only if it is on the center gangplank.
    CMON Design and Development Manager
    Designer: A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft, Bloodborne, Masters of the Universe: Clash for Eternia