Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorastro's Zombicide: Black Plague Painting Guide

Default Sorastro's Zombicide: Black Plague Painting Guide

Hello zombie fans!

Forgive the self promotion but I've made a new video tutorial that explores some simple techniques for getting the Black Plague zombies painted up and thought some of you might find it useful or at least entertaining.

It's pitched mostly for beginner painters but there may be one or two ideas in there for the more accomplished painter too.

I hope you like it!

Last edited by Sorastro; 02-29-2016 at 04:20 PM.

Very well done tutorial. Great job.
    .................................................. ........
    Here is a link to the stuff I have painted:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/MrJim

Here is a link to my WIP thread:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...rJim-s-ADD-WIP

Here is a link to my favorite Miniatures Website:
    http://www.competitionminis.com/
    .................................................. ........

I'll be watching this, I followed your first one and got a lot of help there. I've gone a long way since that, so I am eager to see how you have evolved in the time that passed between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJim View Post
    Very well done tutorial. Great job.
    Thanks a lot MrJim! I'm glad you liked it

Quote Originally Posted by oistene View Post
    I'll be watching this, I followed your first one and got a lot of help there. I've gone a long way since that, so I am eager to see how you have evolved in the time that passed between the two.
    Thank you oistene! I may have evolved more in my tutorial production skills than as a painter (although I have certainly stretched myself with the Imperial Assault stuff), but I'd be interested to hear what you think

That's a great tutorial, clear and concise, and the finished minis look great.

I had fully planned on skipping through the video to pick up a few tidbits, but I wound up watching the entire thing! You did a really good job on this video, and the paint schemes are really, really nice. I plan on a very dull, almost monochrome color scheme for my Zombies in "modern" Zombicide, but I really like the look you went for in Black Plague. I thought they might be a little too bright (I want the Survivors to stand out) but I think you've got a really good compromise between having color while still keeping things somewhat muted. Thank you for posting this!

Quote Originally Posted by euansmith View Post
    That's a great tutorial, clear and concise, and the finished minis look great.
    Thanks a lot euansmith!

Quote Originally Posted by berzerkmonkey View Post
    I had fully planned on skipping through the video to pick up a few tidbits, but I wound up watching the entire thing! You did a really good job on this video, and the paint schemes are really, really nice. I plan on a very dull, almost monochrome color scheme for my Zombies in "modern" Zombicide, but I really like the look you went for in Black Plague. I thought they might be a little too bright (I want the Survivors to stand out) but I think you've got a really good compromise between having color while still keeping things somewhat muted. Thank you for posting this!
    Thanks so much for the positive feedback bezerkmonkey! I was drawn to the idea of the pallid and lifeless skin tones being offset by the brighter primary colours of the clothes, which also remind us of the life they had

Your video was linked on the Reaper forum. I really liked it and have added you to my youtube favorites. Know I need to go back and look at your other videos.

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    Your video was linked on the Reaper forum. I really liked it and have added you to my youtube favorites. Know I need to go back and look at your other videos.
    Thank you very much KruleBear! Could you possibly share the link to where my video has been linked in the Reaper forum please?

Thanks!

Did you share you video in the Zombicide painting group on Facebook? I'd think a lot of folks there would be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorastro View Post
    Thank you very much KruleBear! Could you possibly share the link to where my video has been linked in the Reaper forum please?

Thanks!
    Sure. http://forum.reapermini.com/index.ph.../#entry1324212

Did you share you video in the Zombicide painting group on Facebook? I'd think a lot of folks there would be interested.
    Thanks for the suggestion! I actually like to keep my personal Facebook stuff separate from my professional, and Facebook won't let me share to other Facebook groups as "Sorastro" but I would be very happy for others to do so..

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    Thank you!

You could make a Sorastro Facebook page, I see a lot of people doing such 'cross-platforming'.

Well, I shared it now.

You could make a Sorastro Facebook page, I see a lot of people doing such 'cross-platforming'.

Well, I shared it now.
    Thanks a lot oistene! I do actually have a "Sorastro's Painting" community page but Facebook will only let me post to other pages using my personal account. Thanks again
    Last edited by Sorastro; 03-04-2016 at 03:51 AM.

I thought that you should be able to, but now I got unsure...

Thanks a lot oistene! I do actually have a "Sorastro's Painting" community page but Facebook will only let me post to other pages using my personal account. Thanks again
    You can post to other pages using a page that you admin for...at least on the desktop site (not sure about mobile site or apps). In the line that has the "Like" "Comment" and "Share" buttons, on the far right, there's a dropdown menu that will have your profile picture. If you hover your cursor over it, it says "Liking and commenting as <account name>". If you click on that, you can select to comment/like as your page instead of your personal account.

Edit: Sorry, that was how to REPLY to a post...to CREATE a post as your page, you'll have the same menu, but it's right above the comment box, to the far right of the "Status" and "Photo/video" links.
    Last edited by IdleHacker; 03-04-2016 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IdleHacker View Post
    You can post to other pages using a page that you admin for...at least on the desktop site (not sure about mobile site or apps). In the line that has the "Like" "Comment" and "Share" buttons, on the far right, there's a dropdown menu that will have your profile picture. If you hover your cursor over it, it says "Liking and commenting as <account name>". If you click on that, you can select to comment/like as your page instead of your personal account.

Edit: Sorry, that was how to REPLY to a post...to CREATE a post as your page, you'll have the same menu, but it's right above the comment box, to the far right of the "Status" and "Photo/video" links.
    Thank you for taking the time to help out! I'll give that a go

Hi Zombie Fans!

I thought you might like to know that following the success of the first Zombicide: Black Plague painting tutorial I have now completed filming episode two which features the abomination and I'm aiming to complete editing within the next week. He sure was a lot of fun to paint!

Although he's out of focus in this shot you can tell I chose to stick pretty closely to the color scheme from the illustration in the manual.

Happy Painting!

Thumbs up

It's pitched mostly for beginner painters but there may be one or two ideas in there for the more accomplished painter too.
    As one of those fairly beginning painters (I have PILES of minis that are mostly just base coated), I thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rienen View Post
    As one of those fairly beginning painters (I have PILES of minis that are mostly just base coated), I thank you.
    Thank you Rienen!

I'm guessing you may have noticed that Episode 2 is now complete; it has a focus on highlighting which will be useful when tackling the heroes

Last edited by Sorastro; 04-12-2016 at 02:01 PM.