Hey guys, I'm new here and just wanted to say hi !!

Thread: Hey guys, I'm new here and just wanted to say hi !!

Cool Hey guys, I'm new here and just wanted to say hi !!

Hello CMON people! I just started getting back into the hobby. I used to play the Nids in 40K. This time around I'm playing Pathfinder. Got a great group of players too. I'm super serious about improving my painting skills. Fantasy miniatures are my new obsession and figured I could get some good advice here. Heard great things about this place. I'd be happy if I could paint to a score of 6 to 7. I've seen some AMAZING work here ! Where should I get started?

Hello and welcome, I guess the best place to start is the work in progress section, lots of great stuff going on there, maybe start your own thread for feedback and tips etc.

The only way to improve your painting is by painting a lot. So, I would start there! Asking for feedback is good, but don't get too caught up by it trying to tweak and fix things infinitely. Sometimes it's better to just finish stuff and use the advice you get on the next mini you paint instead.
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

Thanks for the reply guys. You both are awesome painters and hope I can paint to your level one day. I will take both of your advice to heart. Thanks again!

There's a lot of good tutorials out there, so take notes and make sure you actually try out the techniques you study. As Ritual said, only painting can really make you improve. Thin your paints, step outside your comfort zone. Try painting slow, try painting fast.

Also, bear in mind that not all techniques will suit you. If you read or watch a tutorial by someone you really look up to and then don't feel comfortable with the techniques they use, don get frustrated. Find the methods that you feel comfortable with and try to develop your skills using those. There are many ways to paint something. There are no right or wrong methods as long as the results are good.
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

Again, all good advice. I think I was under the impression that there was only one good way to do something and that had me second guessing myself. What I'm really on to now is using ink glazes to smooth transitions in my blending. It is not as easy as it seems. Do you guys use this technique or even know of any tutorials explaining this technique?

I don't use inks but mix my own glazes using gw lahmian medium with a spot of whatever colour I need, I think I learned about it from the sticky thread on here but mainly lots of practice

Welcome. Post some picts of your work, it will be easier to help
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.