WTF is Games Workshop doing!??!?!
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: WTF is Games Workshop doing!??!?!

  1. #1

    Angry WTF is Games Workshop doing!??!?!

    I was just on GW's website and saw that they are basically getting rid of Bretonnia, Empire, Dark Elves, Dwarves, and High Elves... WTF ARE THEY DOING!??!?!?
    For HIS glory, by HIS Grace,
    TheLost

    My WIP thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...34-TheLost-WIP

  2. #2

    Default

    AOS. They are fully committing to AOS and moving away from any resin. Much of the other ranges will be redone in plastic but I believe Bretonnia are truly gone. That's just from the rumors i have been hearing so sprinkle with salt Watch what they do to 40k in the coming years o_O I still like their box games like space hulk and lost patrol looks fun...
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

    Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

  3. #3

    Default

    Well, I'm glad they're moving away from resin, but Why would you get rid of entire lines of plastic models that people still buy? It's frustrating when a company that makes good models stops making those models...
    For HIS glory, by HIS Grace,
    TheLost

    My WIP thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...34-TheLost-WIP

  4. #4

    Default

    When aos was announced I was eager to see the new look for the armies but so far I've not been all that impressed, it's just some of the khorne models I like and probably because they didn't change the look all that much, I just hope they don't lump all the elf races into one generic elf look, I liked the different flavours they had, same with the human armies

  5. #5

    Default

    After around 30 years of being on sale the Green Knight is no more
    Times are a changing for sure.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

  6. #6

    Default All I can say is

    As a miniature painter exclusively I always found one thing I really like -they make some of the most amazing models and kits... And really that's all I care for...I'm in the safe zone when they change the fluff or discontinue great models.as long as I can keep getting these amazing models by them I'm alright.BUT I agree they do some really bad confusing business things that end up shooting themselves in the head!

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLost View Post
    Well, I'm glad they're moving away from resin, but Why would you get rid of entire lines of plastic models that people still buy? It's frustrating when a company that makes good models stops making those models...
    Because they don't sell enough. And don't fit the look or narrative of the AoS world they are building.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1





  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sicks View Post
    When aos was announced I was eager to see the new look for the armies but so far I've not been all that impressed, it's just some of the khorne models I like and probably because they didn't change the look all that much, I just hope they don't lump all the elf races into one generic elf look, I liked the different flavours they had, same with the human armies
    It is early days for AoS still. They are taking their time building a whole new lore and world. The Old World took years to build also.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1





  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    It is early days for AoS still. They are taking their time building a whole new lore and world. The Old World took years to build also.
    Yeah I still have some interest, just not as much as before, I was never that much into the fantasy warhammer but I always liked the minis at least and I liked the specialist fantasy games too, I just meant so far the releases weren't to my tastes.


    As an unrelated note I've just seen how cheap the lost patrol game is, £35 seems like a good price point to get new people interested (much more appealing than the aos/40k starter set price tags)

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Because they don't sell enough. And don't fit the look or narrative of the AoS world they are building.
    Well, as a modeler, I like some of the new AoS minis, but I don't think all the other models from the fantasy range should be discontinued... at least keep them as webstore exclusives or something. Additionally, I'm not all that convinced with the AoS world... matter of personal opinion of course.
    For HIS glory, by HIS Grace,
    TheLost

    My WIP thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...34-TheLost-WIP

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    As a miniature painter exclusively I always found one thing I really like -they make some of the most amazing models and kits... And really that's all I care for...I'm in the safe zone when they change the fluff or discontinue great models.as long as I can keep getting these amazing models by them I'm alright.BUT I agree they do some really bad confusing business things that end up shooting themselves in the head!
    I agree that GW makes some awesome models, but then they go and throw them away. Like you said, though, they make some stupid business decisions.
    For HIS glory, by HIS Grace,
    TheLost

    My WIP thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...34-TheLost-WIP

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    After around 30 years of being on sale the Green Knight is no more
    Times are a changing for sure.
    Well good thing you made an AWESOME Green Knight diorama that I can look at forever
    For HIS glory, by HIS Grace,
    TheLost

    My WIP thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...34-TheLost-WIP

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    AOS. They are fully committing to AOS and moving away from any resin. Much of the other ranges will be redone in plastic but I believe Bretonnia are truly gone. That's just from the rumors i have been hearing so sprinkle with salt Watch what they do to 40k in the coming years o_O I still like their box games like space hulk and lost patrol looks fun...
    Finecrap was only a stopgap due to hiking metal prices before they could go all plastic. Hence it's shoddiness
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

  14. #14

    Default

    But HEY now they got a new artificer brush that only costs twice the price of a W&N.. (rage about not getting the green knight in time intensifies)

  15. #15

    Default

    That's a bummer. I have two boxes of Brettonia Knights that are waiting to be painted. I guess they are going to be a tough sell when I finish them. Lucky for me I dumped most of the Fantasy kits I had last summer when they first announced AoS in case something like this happened.
    .................................................. ........
    Here is a link to the stuff I have painted:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/MrJim

    Here is a link to my WIP thread:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...rJim-s-ADD-WIP

    Here is a link to my favorite Miniatures Website:
    http://www.competitionminis.com/
    .................................................. ........

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    Finecrap was only a stopgap due to hiking metal prices before they could go all plastic. Hence it's shoddiness
    Only because it didn't work. Had they had a successful launch and didn't immediately lose all cred regarding resin they'd still be selling it because you can charge more for resin models than plastic without people complaining. Especially for single models as opposed to multipart squads, the profit margins on resin are way higher than plastic since the plastic molds cost so much more.

  17. #17

    Default

    Coming from someone who actually read Warhammer Fantasy novels (including a kickass, Bretonnia series that read like a gothic knights of the round table) I hate everything to do with this Planar drift skirmish game. I got into mini painting because the idea of a massive, ranked, and fully customized army was just so damn appealing. Add to that the recent chaos dwarves stuff from Forgeworld, I would have spent $5000 on GW products eventually. Now? Painter only. Would love to get into Mierce but absolutely nobody plays. Plus their website has been dead for 4 months. Sigh. I hate this cruel AoS world we live in.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    Coming from someone who actually read Warhammer Fantasy novels (including a kickass, Bretonnia series that read like a gothic knights of the round table) I hate everything to do with this Planar drift skirmish game. I got into mini painting because the idea of a massive, ranked, and fully customized army was just so damn appealing. Add to that the recent chaos dwarves stuff from Forgeworld, I would have spent $5000 on GW products eventually. Now? Painter only. Would love to get into Mierce but absolutely nobody plays. Plus their website has been dead for 4 months. Sigh. I hate this cruel AoS world we live in.

    I want to get into Mierce's Darklands. But they seem far too busy with doing kickstarters then releasing minis and rules for the rest of us,p.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->