Adepticon Schizophrenia

Thread: Adepticon Schizophrenia

Default Adepticon Schizophrenia

Adepticon is coming on and I am excited to meet some of the CMON folks, see the awesome Crystalbrush entries, play a couple games, and take painting classes from David Powell and Ben Koments.

A little Schizophrenic as I am taking classes from David Powell and Ben Komets! Also because I have been stuck in a hospital since Monday...hoping they release me tomorrow.

Anyone else have mixed excitement about Adepticon.

think youre in for a treat this year, a whole squad of top italian painters are heading over, and karol ryduk and camelson from poland, ben komets... along with the great us painters i think its going be a lot more heavy lifters than previous years crystal brush.

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    think youre in for a treat this year, a whole squad of top italian painters are heading over, and karol ryduk and camelson from poland, ben komets... along with the great us painters i think its going be a lot more heavy lifters than previous years crystal brush.
    I know I am a little spazzed to see their work in person. karol's work in particular has always been mind boggling to me.

Oh man, they better let you out in time! Sorry to hear you're laid up, hope it's nothing too serious.

Yeah there are a ton of great painters coming this year. I think they all took Kirill's Daniel Craig Marine as a challenge and they're all here to top it. I've seen some sneak peaks of stuff on instagram, and damn, this is going to be a tough year. Not to mention the perennial trophy winners that are back again, James Wappel, Sam Lenz, Mary Profitt. It's got me pumped. Last night at registration I saw them setting the CB area up and got real excited, I'm already planning everything for next year.

Hey, hope you're doing better, Krule. Looking forward to seeing you at the show, so they better let you out!

Yeah, I hear a lot of amazing artists from all over the globe are showing up, even more than usual it seems. Makes me excited to see their work... but also dread what I can only guess will be a ridiculously tough competition this year!

I am fine (infection in my leg from a muscle I tore last month). I am stuck IV antibiotics for at least another day...then they said maybe through the weekend. I told them,"bulls**t, I need to be in Chicago". I am fine with missing a game Friday ,but they'd better let me out by Saturday morning so I don't miss my painting class with Bailey! Lol

Either way I am rooting for some good results from the cmon crew.

Suuuuper excited to take classes from these nutso painters. The CB entries are unreal, and it's been fun picking out the work of forumites!

Hoping to see some of you folks around, I'll be in the painting area forever...

That's a weird form of schizophrenia, if it enters the muscles. o.O

When is the voting starting, tomorrow? I'm itching to see everyone's entries!

Quote Originally Posted by oistene View Post
    That's a weird form of schizophrenia, if it enters the muscles. o.O
    rofl...probably related having my head planted in my posterior at times.

I don't have a lot of faith they are going to release me in time to get to Chicago tomorrow afternoon.

That really sucks too hear, hope things get better asap!

Yeah, get well soon. If you can't make it on Saturday, but get out on Sunday we can hangout in the hobby area and do a mini class

Crossing my fingers and will definately take you up on it if I can get out of here.

AVAILABLE SEMINAR

i won't be able to make it to Chicago for 5pm "Secrets of the Loaded Brush" seminar with Ben Koments. If you want to sit in my place, just PM me and I will get you my info.

If I don't get released in the next 3 hours I will post my open seat for Dave Powel's face painting seminar.

The Crystal Brush entries are stunning!

I am a little surprised at what didn't make it into the online voting, though.

Possibly it's my untrained eye, but there seemed some to me as fine as what did make it online, and I would have liked to see them and had a chance to vote on them.

Bailey had some real good comments on his wip. Essentially they have a limited time to get professional photos done and up for voting. The importance of this competition in the US has increased since there is no longer a US Golden Demon competition. This has caused it to grow such that the online voting portion no longer makes sense.

My thought: make the competition weekend slowly judge voted. Maybe allow a ballot at the convention to allow a convention peoples choice award. Then get all the entries posted for a week of online voting and award a simple fan favorite award after the fact. Just some thoughts.

Mike