Quality WW2 Miniatures

Thread: Quality WW2 Miniatures

Default Quality WW2 Miniatures

Hey guys, recently I've been investigating the WW2 skirmish game Bolt Action with interest. However the quality of WW2 infantry miniatures available is a bit of a turn off. I hope I'm not being too harsh but compared to GW and other sci-fi/fanatasy miniature ranges the 28mm WW2 stuff out there just doesn't measure up. I believe I've researched all the options but if there's anything that the artists on this board can recommend please do. The russian company Zvezda make some nice looking stuff but that is more 15mm'ish scale.

Hiya syaped,

Two off the top of my head would be

Artizan

http://www.artizandesigns.com/

And Perry Miniatures
    https://www.perry-miniatures.com/ind...0alq53n9v7btf6

Quote Originally Posted by syaped View Post
    Hey guys, recently I've been investigating the WW2 skirmish game Bolt Action with interest. However the quality of WW2 infantry miniatures available is a bit of a turn off. I hope I'm not being too harsh but compared to GW and other sci-fi/fanatasy miniature ranges the 28mm WW2 stuff out there just doesn't measure up. I believe I've researched all the options but if there's anything that the artists on this board can recommend please do. The russian company Zvezda make some nice looking stuff but that is more 15mm'ish scale.
    Sorry but you're measuring doughnuts against cupcakes, both taste nice but are two technically different foodstuffs.
    SciFi gaming figures are where imagination can run free, WW2 figures are historical representations and therefore need to be accurate.

The WW2 figures I use are from Warlord (my preference is for British Paratroops) now if you compare them against GW figures yes they are smaller but more anatomically accurate.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.