Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Return to the hobby after a long time....

I'm sure this disgusting machine secretes something that could substitute for WD40

Awesome rusting fan. There's a talent to be able to paint something this heavily weathered and still keep the parts distinctive that they don't turn into one rusty thing.
    error 404: signature not found

I concur this is marvelous!!!

Thanks Fox n BAM always appreciate your comments.

So many bits on the go on this....needed a break from the mechanics though so stared on the fleshy bits.

Name:  IMG_6070.JPG
Views: 218
Size:  220.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_6071.JPG
Views: 219
Size:  233.5 KB

Gnashers need a bit more attention, but really happy with how the tongue and mouth has come out. Gave it all a thick coat of Vallejo still water for maximum slobberyness as a well.

thats looking horrific.... in a good way. very cool

Nuffin to do wiv Cassar! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looking absolutely boss. When all the constituent parts come together this is going to be a fantastically disturbing piece. Trust me, I can tell. Some call me sooth-sayer, some call me Jedi...Some people call me Space Cowboy (Maurice, whit whooo!) *cough* where was I... Ah yes, my medicine.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

I think the owner of that tongue also needs some medicine... damn, that's looking gross.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    I think the owner of that tongue also needs some medicine... damn, that's looking gross.
    They're clearly looking for a lil schuggah though... G'wan give em a kiss Meph. Dare yah.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

I freaked my son out looking at numerous pictures of diseased mouths when painting this....yum

Started sketching/blocking colour for in on the rest of this now to see which direction I will take it...

Name:  IMG_6077.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  178.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_6076.JPG
Views: 188
Size:  185.9 KB

Ooze fille rot canisters on the back progressing slowly as well with lots of thin layers of Vallejo still water.

Doing my usual trick of moving onto the next thing to keep me motivated...always tinkering with new stuff on this.

First rot tank done...

Name:  IMG_6085.JPG
Views: 168
Size:  235.3 KB

there are are skulls in there somewhere along with multiple layers of Vallejo still water tinted with fluo green in different mixes and Tamiya clear red

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    They're clearly looking for a lil schuggah though... G'wan give em a kiss Meph. Dare yah.
    Teehee, well, alrighty then. Hold my beer.
    But first I'll go wash my mouth with that green swirly water in that that tank there.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

You are not human.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Those tanks are incredible.

ooh I like that rot tank. colours look good on the model to. really cool, nice one.

Saw the tongue, had to leave.

I'm all for realistic paint jobs, but no.
    nope nope nope nope nope
    error 404: signature not found

Come back Fox! its not weird in here....really it's not....

Thanks for the comments everyone....the skin is going to be a challenge for me to get how I want it...experimented with some sponging on it last night to add texture...seemed to work but needs more experimentation. Was aiming for a creeping blackened rotten layer over the base coat...will see how easy it is to achieve...

Also going through the painful process of layering up the second tank now.

Will be AWOL with work for the next 10 days or so unfortunately...hope to get right back on this on my return though.

That tank is just ridiculously cool! Gotta remember that to steal the idea later.

Right up my alley fo sho

Sat in the airport waiting to head home from a work trip and a few weeks of relentless 12-18hr working days

Looking forward to getting back on the paints.

Blog Entries

Looking forward to more progress. I saw the front shot and surreptitiously started giggling like a schoolgirl; "Teeheeheehee! Boobie eyes!"

Had an hour or so at this last night, finished up the second of the rot tanks and sealed it up. Adding more crust to the metalwork here with some Citadel Astrogranite as a base, will be adding pigment paste next to crust it up more.

Also started texturing up the main body of the beast...

Name:  IMG_6175.JPG
Views: 33
Size:  264.3 KB

Aiming to build up and knock this back...feels like it's lacking something colour wise at the moment...just need to work out what. Also picked up a set of the AK slimy grime and engine fuel enamels to mess about with on this for added Filth and decay.