Return to the hobby after a long time.... - Page 76
Page 76 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1788

Thread: Return to the hobby after a long time....

You’ve got oxidation down to a science, my friend. Your use of oils is getting ridiculous.
    I’ve got you in my thoughts, Hairster. Take care of yourself.

I think it was just a cut of a metal plate and left it to rust, trying to fool us into believing that was painted on

....HOLY CRAP that is amazing! I would love to be able to get something half as nice!

Well mate, I just love checking in on your thread... as I’ve said many times your work never ceases to amaze.. always something fresh and exciting

Amazing as usual, to the point of you start thinking to yourself 'this guy is stupidly talented, he must be cheating/hacking, can I report him for hacking?' :P

Sorry, maybe you mentioned this on your goblin, but how did you paint that purple cloth on the Radigundus bust?

The patina and nmm is just beautiful, keep up the top notch work.

Edit: If you remember the water colour mix you had with your resin/still water on the nurgle queen defiler/soul grinder looking thing would be awesome :P
    Last edited by DemonClaw; 02-22-2019 at 06:54 AM.

Wow, that verdigris looks ultra realistic. I first thought it was a reference pic of the real thing.

Incredible painting skills,

Cheers,

Gino(2dope)

This latest piece is going to be really great one! Your metal work is as inspirational as always. Great to see Necrons getting some love as well. I look forward to more updates on it so don't be a stranger

Hey everyone, apologies once again for the radio silence.

I’ve spent the last couple of weeks in hospital with my daughter, who has not been in good shape since Christmas....I won’t go into specifics here but we’ve got a long road ahead of us, however she is at least receiving the right are and treatment now which is a positive.

With that in mind, painting has understandably been sparse at best, I have however manage to settle back into some painting over the last few days.

Back working on the DoomScythe which has become a very free and relaxing way of painting without too many restrictions that I need to adhere too. It’s quite refreshing treating this as a creative excersise rather than it all being about precision and accuracy.

Name:  0D332ECC-2A71-418E-9A64-51822B419AD9.jpeg
Views: 271
Size:  131.4 KB
    Name:  743FF17C-EA2E-4882-A7A8-59B1E3F1537A.jpeg
Views: 271
Size:  127.1 KB
    Name:  6A4D1D6D-6670-4785-B73D-90447EA83B7E.jpeg
Views: 272
Size:  199.3 KB

I’ve included some paint pics as well so you can see what’s used...the only ones I missed out are Mig ammo light and dark oil rust washes

Thanks for all the previous comments by the way, they are appreciated very much.

@LL - I looked at those paints when I first had the idea for this. Was going to order some to try but got impatient and just dived in with a truck full of colours. Will definitely pick some up in the future though.

@DemonClaw - Purple cloth on the bust was done with a basecoat of Vallejo dark sea green then, airbrush coat of purple from a zenithal point to create the contrasting shades, I then rehighlighted with the airbrush adding in brighter purple and Vallejo ice yellow to the mix. Remaining textural highlights and shadows were then all done with brushwork.
    Re: the Nurgle thingy....it was mainly just Vallejo still water and green fluo paint if I remember right....

Again! Your command of color is unmatched. You are without question one of my favorite painters. You’ve got a style I can recognize immediately. This is just gorgeous.
    Really glad you’ve found some time to unwind and take care of yourself. Very best wishes always, my friend.

This is gorgeous work! And thank you for including the paints you used in your explanation. A true teacher

I press thumbs that your daughter's health improves.

This is taking miniature painting to an whole new level. Incredible.

Gino(2dope)

That scythe is tremendous.

And best wishes to you and your daughter.

As always hair -unbieliecavle work going on here. Somebody stop this guy!!! ))))

things will get better bud. Keep the faith. I promise they will. anything you need mate just let me know if I can I will.
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 02-28-2019 at 07:53 AM.

Also sorry to hear you're going through a tough time, Hairster and I appreciate you sharing another update with us on your latest masterpiece. The Necrons have truly never looked so good!

Hey everyone, thanks once again for the very kind words. Always very much appreciated, that you take the time to drop by and look at my stuff!

I’m making pretty good progress still and have got the overall technique pretty much nailed now, so the remaining areas are progressing more quickly.

Name:  FA8B47B5-7B5C-4CB5-9C9A-3256D372BDAC.jpeg
Views: 164
Size:  166.9 KB
    Name:  D9CACB0E-983E-4CBD-A10E-B95E916078BB.jpeg
Views: 164
Size:  160.4 KB

Seem to have taken on an almost Crustacean quality now it’s pulling together...pilot, undercarriage and weaponry to go, then basing which I have a few ideas floating about for...

I did a basic basic tutorial of the metallic base colour over on my Instagram page, so check it out if you are interested. It’s my intention to do a full tutorial for the effect once I have the project completed.

Sublime! The contrast between the corroded metal and the shiny bits is freaking cool.

Absolutely fantastic. I don't really get excited by vehicles in general. Tanks, planes, etc don't do anything for me mostly but wow occasionally I see something like this, seriously impressive.