Return to the hobby after a long time.... - Page 74
Page 74 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1762

Thread: Return to the hobby after a long time....

Wow seems like an age since I posted any updates. Thanks for the comments on Zarbag as well (good to see you back Joce!)

Been busy finishing up my piece for the WD GD winners challenge, which is now done and should be handed in later in the month. It Turned into a bit of a marathon over the Christmas break but i’m ultimately happy with the final piece.

So....new project time.... Black Templar’s Redemptor dreadnought and I’m going for the full medieval crusade decoration vibe

Name:  A33371A7-614E-40E3-814B-6F4F5B9E267D.jpeg
Views: 313
Size:  100.3 KB
    Name:  6BD73FDF-23FB-4028-B699-65FBC70222BD.jpeg
Views: 315
Size:  110.2 KB

Also decided to dip my toes into the world of bust painting In the new year

Name:  CAD09ED7-9933-491D-A1F1-DF874C21B76D.jpeg
Views: 317
Size:  154.1 KB

Love the shoulderpad decoration. Did you actually paint all that calligraphy? The metals look great, too. Is the whole surface metallic or have you mixed flat & metallics?
    That’s a great bust, too. Can’t wait to see what you do with it!

Dude wtf-I cannot tell you how many times that I was going to create an Instagram feeling that would’ve the best/only way since you dropped from the forums. The thing is there have been 3 distinct times that when I did play watchdog that I found either someone broke up with their spouse ,or someone went back off the drinking wagon. So let’s do this cause honestly we’re all in the same boat. Pm me your email andas I’ll reciprcate. This way down the road we have that cause honestly bud we all would have no way of knowing if any of us is alive or dead. :-/
    thank jesus your ok. Welcome back.

Thanks Gents!

Toad - yes all painted, I worked from a few reference images of illuminated texts, tried to work in inks as well for the text to keep things looking translucent to add to the overall look and feel. I did a first sweep at it with gold paint on the illuminated 'C' but it didnt cut he mustard so I went diggin in the craft stuff at home and found some gold leaf....worked a treat!

Metals on the plasma thingy are all metallic paints with some nuln oil, black, violet and skin wash inks added for tone. - GW leadbelcher base with nuln oil coat on over the top. Textures worked up with tiny brush marks using Vallejo air Chrome, Leadbelcher, Vallejo Air Gunmetal then additions of Vallejo black, skin wash and purple ink as glazes and mixed with the metallics. Still needs some work, then I need to get my black armour recipe sorted...

BAM - I always keep tabs on the forum, I've just had nothing to post because of this damn GD thing I've been working on. Honestly its been a privilege, fun but a bit or a chore at times to work on when I've been itching to look at other stuff. Not sure when it will see the light of day...potentially not until May after Warhammer Fest.

Appreciate your concern as well though...No break ups...still enjoy a drink...ultra busy at work...will hit you with a DM shortly

Will do the rounds on everyones threads soon...so easy to get so far behind here...

The freehand text is amazing! The little tally marks on the side is great
    And the brushed metallic look on the weapon is super smooth... I think you've just shown me what I've been doing wrong all this time!

Always when I'm browsing this thread I just wanna paint like You, dammit...
    AWESOME WORK!

What text have you used for the shoulderpad?
    If calligraphy is something you’ll be doing more of or have some interest in, this book is a fabulous resource. Here’s a bit of inspiration from my collection.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Awesome, thanks for the link and beautiful image...The text on the pad is a mish mash of stuff from the reference images....I suspect it now makes absolutely no sense whatsoever....

Welcome to the bust wagon, one your in there's no way out! I will keep stalking your progress on insta.

Amazing work! How do you achieve those highlights on the bolter, a technique or just hard work building it up with several tiny brushstrokes?

Exceptional work on that freehand writing mate... that’s going to be one cool dready...
    oh and I can’t wait to see your work applied to busts!!! This is going to be good.

Thanks again everyone.

Joce - not found time/plucked up the courage to put paint to it yet. Looking forward to it though!

Fuentes - it’s a case of reference images and slowly building up the texture with lots of fine strokes. It was one of those moments where everything just clicked and worked to be honest.

updates - pretty much completed the plasma gun now. Bit more depth to add to the black/wear and tear on one side and the some glow to the vents on the front to add in. Will probably go back and tweak the lettering at some stage too. Trying to approach each section of this as a seperate mini to maintain focus and quality.

Name:  CA1F7043-7A18-4EEE-9104-CD0C3B1403E0.jpeg
Views: 244
Size:  117.6 KB
    Name:  1A328D38-F08D-4DBF-81A7-E1CE100F8699.jpeg
Views: 243
Size:  131.1 KB

Looks absolutely great, Hairster. Love the little illuminations hidden all over the big thing. I want a nice calligraphic panel by cockpit that says Watch Your Step.

Just wow! I really like the texture of the bolter. Amazing job!

I love the reflection on the side of the skull. Such a small detail, such an amazing effect!

Job enhanced job well done !!!!!!!

Astounding and inspirational!

These are awesome!!! Love the amazing caligraphy work and the illumination effects and detail are astounding. Extremely impressed. You have my admiration

That is just some exceptional work on this so far! Can't wait to see the whole thing put together.