Return to the hobby after a long time.... - Page 32
Page 32 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Return to the hobby after a long time....

Blog Entries

I see what you mean about "missing something" It's probably the sheen is all. It looks quite maggoty so it feels like it should look a bit "slimey". Nothing wrong with the painting at all, I suspect it's simply that third aspect.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

I second the slime aspect.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Yep a generous coating of Vallejo still water will probably go over this at the end for maximum ooze. Still working on the texture on this tonight on the main body and sketching in colour and pattern on the breast/udder scenario...

....I sometimes wonder where my life went wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Hairster View Post
    sketching in colour and pattern on the breast/udder scenario...
    That’s just how I spend my Saturdays

Blog Entries

Just saturday? Man take more time off! I wake up for work thinking the same thing...Slime and tits..waitwat...
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Well this thread slipped into niche territory very quickly....

more work from last night...

more texturing to the body, glazing layering, spotting colours etc. A little rust added to the leg mounts, will salt chip these a little later. Also some more work in the lips and chest, again just building up texture.

Name:  IMG_6180.JPG
Views: 242
Size:  248.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_6181.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  221.8 KB

Really feel this is pulling together slowly...need to put some time into the top section soon....

DAM IT MAN, this is so gross. That tongue makes me want to vomit. How dare you create something to draw such feelings out of me! Hahaha This is some legendary work man.
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Say aaaaaah. lol good work.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Wow, that grime is really working out well. Just needs the drool and slime.

thats looking awesome, really like the colours your getting on the flesh . very cool bit of work , nice one

Exceptiinal

Great work mate.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Thanks everyone, feel really positive with the progression on this, so great to get feedback from you all to spur me on more.

Had some time owing today so 'worked' from home and got plenty of painting done. Other than building up the puss filled boils on the main body and rusting up the leg mounts I spent my other time pulling the last of the Rot tank and back pack together...just needs its final integration into the main body now with additional pipes wires etc.

Name:  IMG_6196.JPG
Views: 197
Size:  240.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_6195.JPG
Views: 198
Size:  206.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_6194.JPG
Views: 197
Size:  259.6 KB

Jars look awesom mate cracking job.

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

Thanks Cassar,

Really pleased with the rust texture on the rear of the backpack...not sure the pics fully show up the crusty texture.

Started on the top section last night, I need to get a chunk of this finished before I do some more green stuff work to embellish the hat more. The repurposed Daemonette face is bloody tiny...satisfied with the start though. Needs some more glazes and detail adding if I can.

Name:  IMG_6200.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  212.7 KB

Well what can I say, it’s revolting. You’ve got a knack for hideous painting, well done!

The rust texture is awesome from what we can see. Still can’t get over that tongue though.

Any particular reason why you couldnt do say three or more different heads all mutated and mashed together, would solve your concerns re head to body ratio size whilst maintaining the mutant look.

More head work, refined things a little more...almost done on this I think. 5p in shot for scale purposes....

Name:  IMG_6211.JPG
Views: 162
Size:  201.7 KB

@cassar - I like the bonus head idea and carved a spare daemonnette head up I had...was just not convinced I wanted to start messing with things at this stage...appreciate the input though.

....in reality things balance out a lot more once the backpack structure is in place and it seems less bottom heavy.
    Last edited by Hairster; 10-21-2017 at 07:08 AM.

I think her teeny neck might be a large part of the proportion issue. If the sides and back of the neck were much fatter it could sit more naturally on the giant body.

But she’s the hideous spawn of Nurgle’s foul imagination, who are we to judge? And she’s painted fantastically so far

I think fox just nailed it on the head....*wakka wakka wakka*
    ." -Me-