Return to the hobby after a long time.... - Page 72
Page 72 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1666

Thread: Return to the hobby after a long time....

Great job on your figure Hairster

Post GD catchup....

Awesome day at Warhammer World catching up with loads of friends and meeting new ones.

Name:  1EBEE82D-B0D4-458A-A117-04567392C758.jpeg
Views: 286
Size:  243.0 KB

Picked up Commended entries for my Leviathan and the Acolyte...the duel crashed and burned only picking up a finalist pin

Probably the busiest of the open day demons I’ve been to and some super strong entries all round. Great fun!

Congrats mate! It’s a shame about the dual, I thought everything on it was great, but the newer version of the leviathan is awesome and I’ve mentioned before how much I love the acolyte.

Well done!

Hey hey hey the duel didn’t crash buddy. Funny if I was asked I thought that was one of if not the best piece of yours. Congrats on commended. I’ll tell you like I told renball like vault used to tell me every single year when I ent to the crystal brush with butterflies and bats inside me. You never can tell who is going to come to compete and you can never tell what the judges see through their eyes. However always making finals and getting recognized speaks one thing - you deserve to be there every year and have the same chance as any other prominent artist who’s competing to win a placing etc etc. Your pieces are incredible bottom line!!!

i would had loved to see your work up close mate, nothing looked good in the cabinets so hard to judge anything... but what i could tell i didnt fully agree with the results in duel. but again gd is gd...

i guess youre in the pack of people i always manage to dodge at gds... :/

Thanks Fox, BAM and Skel.

Competition was tough, I got some feedback on the duel so understand where it was lacking from the judges perspective. (essentially down to the lack of direct physical interaction betwen the two models, in hindsight some sort of weapon blast, damage or physical connection between the two would have made the difference)

Single mini was super strong as expected so I was really happy to get commended in that along with Skel and 10ball.....again some of my favourite minis only made finalist in that category.....as Skel said GD is GD

Awesome day though as always loitering about the cabinets and catching up with likeminded people. Promise I will search you out and say hi to you and 10 next time Skel.

Will try to put some of these up in gallery here when I get chance.

Best start prepping for May now seing as that was the last of the little Demons....anyone know the Warhammer Fest dates yet?....worried I may have booked a holiday the wrong weekend....eek!

Well done mate, especially love the colours on the genestealer
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Great showing at the competition, Hairster. Those events sound like a lot of fun. Sigh.
    Your pieces were all outstanding. So outstanding that... I need more information on your dreadnought base. I want some help before I go pouring concrete!

What do you want to know Toad? Will help out where I can...it was all pretty low tech.

Just a tub of ready mix (just add water) patching up concrete for filling holes etc.

Made a quick mould from four sides of cardboard and pierced he sides inserting the tubes, wires and pipes where I wanted them.

Sealed the bottom joints of the mould with some blu tac.

Mixed and poured the concrete and let it dry.

Removed the card and sand back the sides a bit....job done

Bit more Zarbag action for you.... super contrast cloak....
    Name:  924CD930-711E-4C2D-AE03-379F3B79A9D4.jpeg
Views: 256
Size:  77.9 KB
    Name:  B1BA6FAB-270B-4CEF-A93F-7FB44BAD29C6.jpeg
Views: 253
Size:  93.6 KB
    Name:  900E8347-7F8C-47C9-943B-C3BF7D171D39.jpeg
Views: 253
Size:  80.3 KB

Sensational man... just curious how that effect is going to tie in with the lantern? Looking forward to seeing what you do there???

awesome work on Zarbag, I really like that cloak! And a belated congrats for GD

Think it will just be a hint of the green on the highlights CC, anything else will be too much.

Spent some time working on the tones on the robes last night....contemplating adding some decoration or symbols

Name:  9188E2F8-3FE8-48F8-A016-54667B8A4F74.jpeg
Views: 223
Size:  109.5 KB
    Name:  19C3D654-776B-4628-9924-13F526F8B543.jpeg
Views: 222
Size:  98.3 KB
    Name:  2795874E-F132-4C72-A3BD-2DD6E1C17FCB.jpeg
Views: 223
Size:  96.1 KB

You will I’ll also see my weird erratic painting here...I’ve not painted the back of the sickle/cauldron yet....

That blue to purple transition is lovely.

Oh wow. Congrats on the awards and great looking Zarbag so far

Nice blends added to the cloak! He’s going to be awesome looking when done

i recon the date for wh fest will be online soon. also some tweaking with the categories (necromunda and bb teams are out the window, new small scale category for the new titanicus & epic stuff, what i know of).

Thanks Skel...keep us posted if you hear anything from inside the GW camp. Would expect some changes to the category roster based on the dropping of the mini demons. Would be good to know whats what though so I can make sure I havent screwed up on my holiday booking...

Thanks for the comments as well KB, Fox and Sigmar. Want to get this gobbo wound up soon if I can and move onto other things.

He looks like a great little palette cleanser after your efforts ahead of GD. Do you know what sort of base/scene are you planning for him?