Return to the hobby after a long time.... - Page 80
Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1630

Thread: Return to the hobby after a long time....

Thanks Toad and DaBeebs... still at it on this, would like it tied up this week ideally. Made some headway on basing and have carried on working on the various components. I’m waiting on a Tzeentch magister kit I have on order to arrive before I can finish up the mods....he has some lovely knee armour I’ve been coveting....

Name:  FDF1DEBA-4EF6-40FC-8915-51D6D0DE6161.jpeg
Views: 285
Size:  111.9 KB

This is looking unbelievably good! You certainly have an eye for striking colors

oh dang, this just keeps getting better and better! Can't wait to see this completed.

I don't always do the best job at responding on here to your posts Hairster because I often see them on Instagram first, but your work is jaw-dropping as always. I love to see you working on that Carnosaur a bit more (or at least I think you have been with the recent banner you completed) but any painting progress out of you is always exciting. Keep the updates coming!

Ultra talented and uber skilled the hairster does it again.

Thanks for your comments everyone, i did a few colour test for this before starting and I wanted to ensure that the colours were really vibrant bearing in mind the subject matter.

Its coming together slowly....last few elements to add and finish up and I’ve been working on some basing ideas. Lots to tweak on the base, the fluo flame needs relooking at and I did some experiments with some other effects I’m undecided on yet.

Name:  46226596-3247-4FDC-968F-8FA7C8607DCD.jpeg
Views: 215
Size:  102.1 KB
    Name:  83B34BB9-2DAC-4D29-9C85-FBBB472B4362.jpeg
Views: 214
Size:  72.2 KB
    Name:  E3C94F70-B5CD-440A-BE78-273DF4B3A01C.jpeg
Views: 212
Size:  75.6 KB

Love the vibrant colors and smooth transitions. Great job so far. OSL on the base looks great already too. Also love the metal parts. Especially the gold looks fantastic.

This thread is seriously an inspiration. Just recently coming back to the hobby myself after a 30ish year hiatus. Had a buddy get me back into D&D and tabletop gaming recently so I decided to try my hand at painting again and I'm having loads of fun with it. These examples really give me something to aspire to...

Jaw just dropped! that is an amazing paint job on the knight and that base I just don't have words for. Amazing effect you have going on there What kit did you get the bird like head from?

Quote Originally Posted by ekipage View Post
    Jaw just dropped! that is an amazing paint job on the knight and that base I just don't have words for. Amazing effect you have going on there What kit did you get the bird like head from?
    It's the end of a GW Rubric Marine flamer weapon....work out perfectly scale wise and I just trimmed a few bits off to make it fit. The little fin on the chainblade is from the same weapon...other than that the other bits are from assorted othe Tzeentch kits (Magister for the banner pole, Pink Horrors for the feathers and trinkets and Gaunt Summoner for the rear feathers, new groin armour plate and Lascannon enhancements) some of which you can't see here.

This thread is seriously an inspiration. Just recently coming back to the hobby myself after a 30ish year hiatus. Had a buddy get me back into D&D and tabletop gaming recently so I decided to try my hand at painting again and I'm having loads of fun with it. These examples really give me something to aspire to...
    That's awesome, so nice to hear....theres a great source of knowledge and inspiration here, so make use of it and keep painting...practise, failure and more practise will help you develop quickly! Have fun.

Great looking project. I really love this one. The head is a really clever bit of modeling that adds a lot to the Tzeentch theme.

When can we expect the Nurgle, Khorne, and Slaanesh mini-titans?

Ha! Maybe that’s not a bad idea further down the line Toad....

Anyway, very close to completion now so here’s a sneaky pic....few bits to finish up and glue in place still then final weathering to tie it into the base.

Name:  6873BD75-5424-4A66-BAE2-309CE5EDBCAA.jpeg
Views: 148
Size:  105.7 KB

Colours have gone a bit odd in this pic but it'll do for now!
    Last edited by Hairster; 05-03-2019 at 04:18 AM.

I live small things-this is probably the project I love the most fromyou mate. Such a well thought out well done miniature mini!!!

Love all the details mate and very impressed with the banner
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Nice use of the other kits parts to build this. This looks so much cooler than just the stock knights, and I agree, great work on the banner!

This is such a cool project. I can’t wait to see what’s coming out of your imagination next!

I'm personaly not interrested in these big robots things, but this one is magnificent!!! The colour shifting is really magnificent.

Cheers,

Gino(2dope)

Your color choices lately have been incredible and I think this piece really highlights it. Its like you're using a better palette with more color range than anybody else I've seen. The weathering is top-notch on this piece and of course, the OSL is jaw-dropping on the base and also helps this stand out. I wish you best of luck in the competition and keep up the amazing work!