Return to the hobby after a long time.... - Page 79
Page 79 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1788

Thread: Return to the hobby after a long time....

The ultimate all around amazing and outstanding hairster!!!! Your more than ready for golden demon. amazing!!!

When is GD, by the way?

Thanks for the glimpse into your freehand process. I'm not sure I'd have the stones to heat it up & shape it after painting!

Wow, superb SBS on freehand painting. What an amazing banner you have there, can't wait to see it on a figure. Thank you very much for sharing.

Gino(2dope)

The ship looks great. I love the way you mounted it. What a great idea and execution.
    .................................................. ........
    Here is a link to the stuff I have painted:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/MrJim

Here is a link to my WIP thread:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...rJim-s-ADD-WIP

Here is a link to my favorite Miniatures Website:
    http://www.competitionminis.com/
    .................................................. ........

Thanks as always for the kind words...hope the SBS was interesting and useful!

Toad - GD is May 11-12th so just a month away now.

Not really managed to make the progress I wanted on projects because of my daughters long term illness but i’m aiming for 2 maybe 3 entries I hope.

I’ve been working away from home again so progress is slow, I also hit the NMM wall once again....it’s a process I am far from competent at and I find it colossally frustrating. It needs to be less of a stumbling block for me moving forwards so I’m persevering with it. This piece from the standard pole on the Carnosaur got stripped numerous times before I was vaguely happy with it (having said that I looked at it again today and the bottle of airbrush cleaner was calling me)

Name:  EFE94039-0349-4EE0-B874-C65FC3A2ACF6.jpeg
Views: 294
Size:  121.4 KB

Nice solid work on the snake.
    TBH I would be most afraid of the feathers, those are the most difficult to paint to me, as they are the least realistically sculpted.

You're a very harsh critic of your work, but hey, it's working for you. The tone on the metals is very believable. That little bit of green gives it a sense of reflecting something else rather than just shining very brightly.

Thanks LL and KB, and Toad.....yes I know my friend. I find it very hard to not scrutinise and question every step of what I’m doing! I’m sure that has its benefits as well as downfalls!

work continues on the Carnosaur but I was getting a bit bogged down with the NMM so needed to freshen things up.

Started on a potential entry for the new Small Scale category, working on an epic scale Imperial Knight that I’m converting to have a more solid Tzeentch vibe. Great models but insanely fiddly, especially when working on conversions.

I’ve been using parts from standard 28mm GW Tzeentch minis to add some motifs and character, replacing the groin armour. Adding decorative bits to both weapons and replacing the head with something more birdlike. I’ve also done the main work on the carapace but will probably be adding some freehand to the shoulders, if my steady hand is up to it!

Name:  697BD185-6A4C-4D01-AEC3-486A19C26D30.jpeg
Views: 234
Size:  106.5 KB
    Last edited by Hairster; 04-15-2019 at 05:04 AM.

I really like that top armor bit for the Knight. I think you are going to have a very good Tzeentchian figure there, great job and I can't wait to see this all painted up.. I know what you mean by fiddly, I picked up a box and all those little bits and details I just put them right back in the box for now.

Thanks Eki, little more embellishment on this, main body is in place now as well and working on the head and other elements.

Name:  938BCC23-562F-4BAE-B6BF-C68AB23BEC48.jpeg
Views: 210
Size:  105.9 KB

That purple is pretty. Great start on the freehand as well.

Great little project! Tzeentch offers a nice canvas for your vibrant colors. I'm looking forward to watching this one come together.

Looks awesome. The choice of purple is stellar, along with the freehand. This is going to be another fantastic thing to see you complete!

As always, Your work looks awesome! The way that purple is highlighted is pure genius!

Still slowly plugging away at the Tzeentch Knight and challenging my self to some epic scale banner painting... again more pre planning with printed out reference, both large and to scale. I then airbrushed in the background and made a quick paper stencil to scale for the main demon and blocked the colour in.

Name:  53308F61-5BA3-4DDD-B580-E7603ADA6E9E.jpeg
Views: 122
Size:  109.9 KB

Then using the larger reference picture I spent a couple of hours filling in the details

Name:  E804FFA8-7CC8-4FAD-8227-D843C2773FAB.jpeg
Views: 122
Size:  123.7 KB

Overall banner height is about 8mm - The banner will be trimmed and shaped further down the line once the model is posed.

Aiming to have the rest of the knight finished up this week so will post pics when done
    Last edited by Hairster; 04-24-2019 at 03:41 AM.

Amazing! I’m not the world’s biggest fan of banners, but that is awesome!

Jaw drop, and drool. Looks amazing!