Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Return to the hobby after a long time....

Thanks Cap and Eye for the links....some nice alternatives there.

Much appreciated.

Decided to start putting this together with stuff I already had, so he we go....it's taking shape slowly.

Building up the texture in the base slowly then I will probably start to paint the slate - thinking of painting up the standing stone as some sort of nurgle shrine with the mini in the foreground.

Name:  IMG_4544.JPG
Views: 258
Size:  94.7 KB

Plenty to do still but it's a start

That base is starting out nicely! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Just stumbled upon your thread...What great stuff in here!

Abomo-rat, Klom, and that Birch tree dude are amongst my favorites, but all of it is so inspiring.

Cheers SV...waiting for some basing supplies, tufts laser cut plants n some other bits to turn up. Have finalised the basic shape of things though so have primed ready to get some paint on the rocks and earth ready to add the dressing

Name:  IMG_4554.JPG
Views: 228
Size:  112.5 KB

Wonderful Lil vignette I have all eyes on it!!!

Thanks BAM....little update on this....slightly dodgy pic.

Started working up the stone with lots of really watery green, violet and blue washes, added in a blood smeared nurgle icon and scratched some runes onto the rock.

Will probably add on some texture moss and grot creeping up from the base too.

Name:  IMG_4557.JPG
Views: 216
Size:  103.4 KB

Love the idea of the runes and the bloody nurgle symbol. ^^
    Feel free to come by my WIP or have a look into my Gallery
    Voted on 5039 out of 238044 minis, and also left 712 comments on Cmon Gallery.

Been in the states working for 10 days, so have not managed to make much progress until tonight.

Stippled up up and worked up the muddy base and rocks keeping up the coloured washes on the rocks to add some colour depth.

Also started on the skellies and metalwork but they need plenty more attention...also started to add some foliage.

Name:  IMG_4665.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  103.0 KB

Whole thing needs matting down but is coming along ok I think.

That looks real good! I like the nurgle symbol in blood.

More weathering,foliage and work on the skully stuff tonight, added in a log and some more rocks to give a level base for him to be standing on. Have drilled and loose pinned him in place (not glued yet) to see how this is pulling together.

Name:  IMG_4681.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  344.3 KB

Next step is to blend his feet in to the muddy base a bit more and find some sort of wooden plinth to mount it all on. Thoughts and advise always welcome on way I can step this up some more.

Apologies for the shabby iPhone pic...need to tap up a friend who knows his photography biz to get some tidy pics of this one I think.

I find everything really nice. When you blend his feet will look even better, now looks a bit forced IMO. Maybe it's the angle of the picture, but I also feel like the trunk on which he has his foot is going to roll down the "hill". Cannot say anything else, will wait for more progress

Thanks for the pointers Maenas.

I've added in some more rubble to the base to ground that log a bit and give him a more solid footing. He's glued in place now and I also added a healthy coat of stodgy pigment to his boots and the ground to tie him into the scene.

Think I'm pretty much done now other than getting some decent pics...might mount it to a timber plinth as well if it looks right.

feedback welcome as always

Name:  IMG_4701.JPG
Views: 123
Size:  118.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_4703.JPG
Size:  103.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_4702.JPG
Size:  106.6 KB

Looking great Hairster. Good work taking on Maenas' advice, ties together much better now!
    error 404: signature not found

Thanks Foxtail....hooking up with a friend who has a decent photography set up next week so can hopefully get some nice pics for the gallery.

Slaughterpriest next on the cards and need to go back to the BranchWych

Happy to have been of help, here to serve
    It looks much more stable now, it is also completely integrated with that mud on the boots. Great work!

This is all around plain ol great eavy metal stylists paining.my fav kind.

Awesome stuff hairster. Like what youve done so far.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Thanks for the comments! Started work on the slaughterpriest today....early days but here we go...

Name:  IMG_4708.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  118.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_4709.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  118.6 KB

Thats one ugly dude lol. Paint job looks great so fra though.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-