Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Return to the hobby after a long time....

Thanks Guawol, Fox and Digga the comments are really motivating

@Toad - you have an eye for the details as always! Thanks

@Eripu - really appreciate you swinging by and commenting. All I can say is keep posting, make yourself a WIP thread and soak up as much of the great advice, encouragement and amazing things to be seen here. There are some extraordinary painters on here who are very generous with their help and knowledge.

on to new projects now.... here is the test head paint for my Skaven BB team I am starting

Name:  IMG_4987.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  63.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_4989.JPG
Views: 180
Size:  51.5 KB

And the the first steps on the Infamy mini Foxtail kindly sent

Name:  IMG_4990.JPG
Size:  71.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_4991.JPG
Size:  67.8 KB

10 days off work now too so hoping to make good progress!
    Last edited by Hairster; 04-13-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Great job on ogroid. I wasn't very convinced about osl on his tail, but finished mini on base looks great. Head of skaven looks promising.
    One day I will finish that mini

Wow reall nice work Hairster! the rat head is amazing!!!

tee

Yessir the blue armor looks great in the rat!!! Not that I'm partial to blue armor and brown weathering or anything!!!))

You know it BAM...he's nearly finished now...will get a picture up when finished...

In the mean time working on my Rat Ogre...

Name:  IMG_4998.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  105.1 KB

More Skaven BB progress below, first linesman finished. Will crack on with the rest of the team now.

Also made more progress on the Rat ogre making a green stuff helmet for him. Rolled out a section of GS leg it go off for a few hours and cut out the helmet from a card template I made, then folded it to shape and added the rivets,horns etc. Will probably look at a tail blade addition next.

Name:  IMG_5011.JPG
Views: 138
Size:  73.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_5012.JPG
Views: 139
Size:  69.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_5010.JPG
Views: 138
Size:  118.6 KB

The head on that skaven player is awesome. Nice work on the sculpted helmet for the ogre as well, I'm always impressed by people that get greenstuff to actually do what they want.

Loving seeing some paint on the Infamy Tara as well. Which reminds me I still need to send them an email about the missing arm on the 54mm version :/
    error 404: signature not found

The green stuff modifications looks great. Kind of reminds me of Rhino from the Spider-man comics.

Love the GS work on the rat ogre, looks much better than the fw one, i get that they wanted an action pose but that's generally not the role the big guys play on the field, they tend to just try and smash things and get in the way and your version looks much more intimidating

Blue...hmm, I am starting to think you and BAM are collaborating on this bloodbowl project.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicks View Post
    Love the GS work on the rat ogre, looks much better than the fw one, i get that they wanted an action pose but that's generally not the role the big guys play on the field, they tend to just try and smash things and get in the way and your version looks much more intimidating
    Completely agreed with the above statement. xP
    Feel free to come by my WIP or have a look into my Gallery
    Voted on 5039 out of 238044 minis, and also left 712 comments on Cmon Gallery.

Skaven team is going to look great. Should be a blast to base them, too!
    Nifty work with the GS.

I feel like I'm looking at my own thread this is so much fun for me... Great great great !!! Oh yeah and Did I mention great!!!
    keule the biggest compliment another artist can give another is simulation of projects!!! It's an amazing feeling to know I inspire all these other greatly talented folks on here... The forums rule where else can you get this type of muse going on. It's a blast truly an amazing thing!!! Btw the blood is perfect I wouldn't have done "ANYTHING DIFFERENT" whatsoever paint on young man!!!
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 04-18-2017 at 03:50 PM.

This definitely motivated me to do some painting on my skaven.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Thanks everyone....quick update on the Rat Ogre...plenty still to do but coming along ok so far.

Name:  IMG_5020.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  93.0 KB

Bloody hell you paint quick. Great work on the skin, all looks pretty smooth, with the exception of his left hand (don't know if you're coming back to that)
    error 404: signature not found

Yeah the left arm is still ongoing...along with the majority of the back of the mini.

....enjoying a few days off work so cramming in plenty of paint time.

I like the tinges of purple you've got in the vermin skin. Helps 'em look more infected!

He is nice little rat. Like how you done rusty on spikes.
    One day I will finish that mini