Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Return to the hobby after a long time....

Late to the party here, but wanted to say that the goblin is amazing. It's really interesting to see a professional's take on a model similar to one I just "finished." Lots of skilled technique to take in, study, and apply here. Thanks!

I’m hardly professional! Just loving the hobby as escapism from the day job. Check back to the start of my thread when I started again a couple of years ago. Practise, lots of models, soak up knowledge and keep motivated and you’ll be amazed how far you will progress.

Back to the day job now and away working for a couple of weeks. Will be dropping in to keep tabs though!

I somehow missed your most recent update and I'm amazed by the progress on the dreadnought! It is already splendid and I can't wait to see the final product. Please come back soon and share more progress with us

No matter the uber-dandy, jaw-dropping freehand work, I'm astounded by how good that black looks. The shading you achieved brings it to life like no other black I've seen before...
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Simply sensational I sense a multi Golden demon winner/ competitor coming up- just ten I calls it first

Greetings CMON....back on it after 2 weeks away putting on a massive event for a client in Liverpool.

Pick dump incoming.... been roughing out maquette base ideas with card and have pushed on starting painting up the remaining bits on the leviathan.

Name:  9BBC46E7-9169-4B9E-9A07-53615EC05E9A.jpeg
Views: 209
Size:  223.1 KB
    Name:  B867D908-9470-454B-8F95-923C3D2AFB66.jpeg
Views: 209
Size:  188.9 KB
    Name:  E360A8C7-7DA4-4F7F-A111-49472281274F.jpeg
Views: 206
Size:  126.7 KB

Also been casting up some concrete to smash up for basing....will see how that works out.

Thanks a bunch for continued comments and support - will get off my arse and catch up/comment on all the amazing stuff going on here as soon as I can.

The pelvis looks up to the same standard as the rest of him so far. You’ve got a knack for the rust weathering.

The vase idea looks great, almost a diorama.

looking epic mate very nice! the weathering is great!

Fox is right, your metalwork is top notch and inspirational every time I see it. The scope of this project is epic and going to be really impressive when completed. Heck it is already incredibly impressive and the dreadnought is half done! I look forward to more updates in the near future!

Yup, that'll be quite the sight when finished.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Thanks and Sorry! Still not managed to catch up on people’s threads. I’m in a solid work, paint, sleep routine at the minute.

more progress though....

Name:  82183954-27C6-48E3-9CAC-2D12272CEA9A.jpeg
Views: 171
Size:  179.0 KB
    Name:  0E10443D-9B01-4F56-9237-C6057CABF825.jpeg
Views: 170
Size:  160.9 KB

Looking really good mate, I mean really good !!! And just keep your routine going caus your pumping out some awesomeness....

Hey I was just wondering what pigments are you using for your rust effects? It looks sensational, I would like to steal your little recipe

Ok CC here we go.....

In this instance for the main rusted body areas -

- Black basecoat
    - Waterdown coat of Mig Ammo Rust Tracks acrylic
    - Spot application of watered down Mig Ammo medium rust acrylic (brighter orange)
    - Spot application of watered down Mig Ammo Shadow rust acrylic (darker rust colour)
    - Diluted Vallejo Skin washink spot applied to various areas
    - Vallejo old rust and dark umber pigments mixed with water to make a paste then applied to add crusted areas.
    - Re-apply diluted Mig colours and ink to blend edges of the pigment patches.
    - AK Interactive light slimy grime and fuel stains oils applied to add more variation - thinout with thinners as needed.
    - Vallejo Model air Chrome to some edges as chipped and scratched areas.

For the on armour rust and scratches -

I apply the base scraches with a really sharp HB pencil (you can rub these back if they are too strong), then over work with the Vallejo model air chrome brushed on scratches.
    Over the top of this a really diluted smeared on coat of vallejo skin wash ink. Followed when dry by a less diluted spot application...then more of the pasty pigments applied.

Trial and error really but great fun!

Its a pretty freestyle approach to it to be honest....I keep going until I'm happy with how it looks

Crickey... that's quite the recipe.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Yikes I now have a bit of a shopping list haha

hey thanks a million for spending the time to explain your recipe, really appreciate it. Will definitely get some of this stuff and give it a go.

I can’t get over how realistic it looks. Very nice work

awesome work! loving seeing how it evolves post the claw it's awesome!