Return to the hobby after a long time.... - Page 52
Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1355

Thread: Return to the hobby after a long time....

This is excellent work as always, Hairster! You do such a great job at weathering whether it is metal or cloth. The NMM looks fantastic thus far to my untrained eyes as well. I'm excited to see how this project develops!

Thanks everyone, back home after a flying work trip to France over the weekend. Keen to get back at this and the other rodents!

Working through the NMM on this still...the shoulder pad got reworked loads of times until I was happy.

Name:  E420DA94-7B5D-41B8-AC15-26738F55BF7F.jpeg
Views: 193
Size:  146.7 KB

Getting there slowly....

The nmm is looking great, some really nice blending and with the added corrosion it has taken away that cartoony look you sometimes get with nmm... great work man.

its looking really good. the corrosion is nice touch
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

Coming along great! There is definitely going to be a good contrast between the model and the base.

I like the skin... and I'm going to reference this when I get around to doing mine (or the skaven for my underworld team). The NMM is starting to look really good
    pax et bonum

Thanks everyone - the bronze/copper colour pallette took a bit of tweaking as I went along but seems to work pretty well.

special update for Digga now I have painted both sides of the mini as I know he found my random approach to painting so amusing...I know it’s a weird way of doing thing, but when I pick up the mini to start painting I often just paint the bits that I fancy painting....no logic or workflow really. Hence why there is still unpainted skin and unfinished areas of NMM and cape. Hey it works for me!

Name:  AE4A5602-8065-444F-893F-84C973CBBF25.jpeg
Views: 161
Size:  118.2 KB
    Name:  22EB6186-1FD6-4D96-A809-FC25A5BEE3C0.jpeg
Views: 162
Size:  105.1 KB

Will get round to soaking up king up and commenting on other people’s stuff soon

Seems that you adjusted it perfectly, now it looks pretty much like real cooper. I like the somewhere in between orange, pink and yellow that you got, I've failed miserably every time I tried it with TMM. ^^'
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Thanks Maenas

Using the following colours if it is of use to anyone -

Base colour
    VGC Terracotta

Highlights
    VGC Terracotta mixed with VMC Iraqi Sand and VMC Ivory up to neat Neat Ivory for the final highlight.

Shadows
    VGC Terracotta mixed with black ink

Glazes (to give orange tinge)
    VGC Skin wash Ink (this is up there as one of my favourite paints if you can have such a thing...so versatile)
    VMC Amaranth Red mixed with small amount of VGC terracotta

Verdigris
    VGC Escorpina green and VMC Light Turquise 50/50mix with loads of glaze medium

Thanks for sharing your recipe. That copper is luscious.

Is your work flow amusing, absolutely, does it work for you HELL yeah, is there anything wrong with it...not a dam thing. It blows my mind more than anything. I love your paint style period .
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Thanks KB and Digga.

Crazy busy at work currently and finding myself too tired to paint some nights....had a good day today though.

Name:  B2985A5E-A2D2-408C-8674-22DBA2C2A2CC.jpeg
Views: 120
Size:  143.2 KB
    Name:  28E6D7CC-C6E8-4617-B2FF-6EE89B0EC721.jpeg
Views: 122
Size:  145.6 KB

thats looking really cool nice. the texture on the cape is really working well. and you have some great tones in the flesh.very cool looking skaven.
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

Oh wow he's awesome. Gorgeous work on the base and the rat is really nicely done.

Top work buddy.

Excellent my young stalwart lad!!!

Well I might as well forget about an aos squad entry for GD lol awesome stuff