Return to the hobby after a long time.... - Page 60
Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1418

Thread: Return to the hobby after a long time....

its looking excellent hairster. I like how you are doing the scales. they are very real looking. really good stuff.
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

You go from strength to strength Hairster! This dino looks fierce and is already packed with some incredible details! I'm looking forward to seeing more progress on this guy.

Beautiful scales! reminded me of this project from Demihuman... lots of scales too!
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Looking great as alway bud.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Thanks!

I seem to regularly have to drive myself to take the next step on models...it happens with every project I work on...at some point I hit a mental wall where I find a reason to not paint.

On this one it was starting the other side...probably not helped by my weird workflow to be honest. I spent most of the weekend and the last couple of days avoiding making any real progress, doing tiny touch ups or building up the riders seat.

Managed to push through this though tonight and finally started texturing up the other side of the Dino.

Name:  D6292623-EE8B-4301-8C41-641AD898032C.jpeg
Views: 304
Size:  165.4 KB
    Name:  FE6D4D9B-721D-46F7-89EF-2BBF3849BB3C.jpeg
Views: 305
Size:  154.8 KB
    Name:  3865D190-E441-463D-AE91-09726A318418.jpeg
Views: 309
Size:  136.5 KB

Thanks for that that link as well Maenas, remember reading the post from the sculptor of those...great looking minis
    Last edited by Hairster; 06-06-2018 at 07:17 PM.

I can understand what you mean about losing motivation. I think it happens to all of us at one point or another (except BaM, who barely stops when hospitalised).
    Always enjoy seeing your progress when you post though, and this Dino is no exception. As I said above, you’ve really knocked the texturing out the park here.

i can relate to the motivation thing. Its constant battle for me (don't know if you saw the massive diatribe I wrote I in my WIP a few weeks back). But yeah it happens to everyone (except BAM). But yes all you can do is keep on plowing forward. So yes pushing through is the only way, glad you have managed to do so. This is already shaping up to be another belter by you, so keep at it
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

I struggle with motivation on any larger pieces I've done too. I love the work you and Fox do on these massive Warhammer models and there a couple of big models that I'd love to paint but I know that I tend to lose motivation on bigger projects or where I'm doing the same things over and over again so that has scared me away from them thus far. With that said, your guys' fearlessness (or at least it appears to us this way!) with tackling these massive models and finishing them relatively quickly is very inspiring at the same time. I'm not sure that helps with your motivation at all but I thought having another perspective might be valuable in its own way.

That is normal Hairster, to complete a huge piece you will get these passes from time to time. Just don't lose the reasons and motivation that was there when you decided to start this endeavor and you will be fine. This one is totally great with your texture work, keep it up!

Dragon looks amazing, Hairster! I love the textures you've created. The spots help you really smoothly but abruptly switch between the green and the pink, and it looks natural. Details & highlights on the fleshy parts also look great.

The motivation things a strange one for me....not even sure it’s about being motivated, more of an issue of confidence in ability/not messing things up. Odd as I’ve never been affected by anything like this is my daily life. Guess it’s because I care so much about what I’m trying to produce!

Thanks Toad, good to have your keen eye surveying our work again!

The Dino’s progressing well and is 75% done now, so it have started work on the saddle/throne now and have thrown myself in headlong with gold NMM. This is last nights initial efforts....needs plenty more work but I think I’m on the right track...? There are things I need to enhance and it needs some other colours glazing in. Would appreciate some feedback though.

Name:  5F205E48-2232-4DEC-A9B3-5B01B16AD2FF.jpeg
Views: 224
Size:  149.2 KB
    Last edited by Hairster; 06-11-2018 at 04:55 AM.

I really like the look of that NMM hairster, even at this early stage it looks wonderful, well done...

Well done !!! Your a demon winner if things get messed up, and I DONT FORSEE THAT HAPPENING WHEN YOU PAINT AS WELL AS YOU DO, you can keep picking at it until fixed. Gr8 job on this monster.

Thanks BAM and CC.

Still working on this....little more work on the throne and headpiece, trying to push that Aztec feel by adding turquoise mosaic sections.

Name:  9B5BD034-29B4-4527-B649-C3826E8EA2E2.jpeg
Views: 195
Size:  112.0 KB
    Name:  A34D367D-E373-488F-93DB-F3BBAD095D07.jpeg
Views: 196
Size:  154.0 KB

Oh yeah, that turquoise has made it next level... outstanding work mate!!!

NMM is outstanding mate. It's going to be one outstanding dino when done!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    NMM is outstanding mate. It's going to be one outstanding dino when done!
    yup, that gold is darn good.

Loving the turquoise bits against the gold.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Looking awesome so far- the gold on the throne looks great. One thing I noticed, although it's hard to tell from the picture so I might be totally out to lunch, but it looks like the side of the throne is a concave surface, in which case it might make sense to do a more horizontal-focused highlight, with kind of a 'flaring' vertical element if you're trying to simulate a more pointed light source. It's hard to explain so I've tried showing it in paint using a pretty limited palette, haha. I think it's good either way, but it's just food for thought

Name:  Maybe.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  131.7 KB

Looking good man!