Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1329

Thread: Return to the hobby after a long time....

Thanks as always!

i’m done on the Tau now, he’s still in bits ready for posing once I get the base together....working on his duel opponent now. Will be a Crimson Fist Inceptor.

Name:  CD2E018C-5C39-4F9D-8601-9597E3A7C255.jpeg
Views: 262
Size:  125.0 KB
    Name:  D3E9A04A-600D-4B7D-9589-8E5F35594E26.jpeg
Views: 262
Size:  78.7 KB
    Name:  C29EF08D-8BC0-42AD-80A0-BD908268B2A2.jpeg
Views: 264
Size:  102.7 KB

Really like what you're up to these days, Hairster. The marine backpack really shows the balance of confident brushstrokes and precision that seems to have emerged as a hallmark of your work. I love it!

The Tau looks beat up as hell as usual. Looks great.

The blue on the back pack is shiny. are using a stipple technique for some of your highlights?
    I eat crayons!! Do you have any REDS? They taste the best!
    I probably would paint with them better.

Love the super shiny jetpack Hairster. It's impressive that you've managed to make it look polished and beat up at the same time.

Thanks Toad, much appreciated as always. Was checking out ToadChapel the other day...really cool stuff. Is it new? or have you been doing it a while...dont seem to remember looking at it before.

The blue on the back pack is shiny. are using a stipple technique for some of your highlights?
    No stippling, just glazing on this. It's a 2 colour simple basecoat and highlight mix for the main areas. (VMC Dark Prussian Blue and VMC Light Blue Green and most importantly the magical glaze medium)...more than anything though its just a process of pushing the glaze medium laced paint around until it sits where you want it to and in the density you want it to. I then went in heavy with red and violet inks for the shading. Only black used is for the lining.

Love the super shiny jetpack Hairster. It's impressive that you've managed to make it look polished and beat up at the same time.
    The intention was to go ultra clean as a contrast to the Tau (which I think will still work due to how battered the Tau is) but I couldnt resist a few nicks and chips to add depth.

I've had a migraine for the past two days following painting this...seems to be clearing now but thing I blew myself out massively with one hours mega intense painting....need to take it easy from here on in on this one...
    Last edited by Hairster; 07-31-2018 at 04:10 AM.

Crickey! Hand-painted hexes... You're a madman!

They do look good though.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Excellent work here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hairster View Post
    Was checking out ToadChapel the other day...really cool stuff. Is it new? or have you been doing it a while...dont seem to remember looking at it before.
    Thanks for taking a look and for the shoutout, Hairster. I set the site up last year but lost track of it when I went AWOL for several months! The original ToadChapel fantasy focus has been tabled for the moment, although I have a rather huge storyline I'd like to develop in the course of an RPG game sometime. Basically we would move from cozy Hobbit-esque fantasy to the evil empire ignorantly opening gates to CthulhuLand. We'll see if it ever happens.
    Since then I've been adding different content, but at least it's content! My problem is that when I have hobby time, I really want to work at the painting desk rather than the computer!

Darn your weathering is nice. It is like the piece has extreme age, but you have applied it subtly. This makes it seem more believable than a lot of the in your face weathering we tend to see on vehicless. Nice work.

Thanks Meph, BAM and KB

not painted for a good week or so due to some migraines (new glasses on their way) and the heat here. Just not used to it and it’s been a massive demotivator for me.

Anyway, i’m excited to be involved in something with GW/WhiteDwarf later in the year. Subject is hush hush but I’ve submitted my ideas and kit requests which I will pick up at GD winners day in early September.

Name:  9A1B9E15-5B77-4692-87DA-C8E1435E2E55.jpeg
Views: 145
Size:  76.5 KB

I picked up the brush again last night on another project I want to have done for 40k GD in November. Flitting about on projects again...

Name:  4D794E0B-2D4F-41CD-A98F-2AFA05702070.jpeg
Views: 146
Size:  92.4 KB

GW’s Pre moulded decorated banners are infuriating....took longer to scratch off/sand back the moulded cult sign than paint this on there.....

Awesome banner mate. I'm excited to hear about the secret project, when it's not a secret.

Thanks Fox, will be Spring next year before the WD stuff is revealed I believe.

More work on the banner for the Acolyte Iconward mini

Name:  52C6DA5C-B822-4072-8F28-16D197E2B1EF.jpeg
Views: 116
Size:  140.9 KB

Weathering, trim, straps and other stuff to do still

That banner looks so good, Hair! I'm pushing myself to do more freehand lately but I can't dream of doing work that looks so good. I'm with Fox on being excited to find out more about the secret project. I have a feeling it will be something really impressive! Keep up the great work and I always look forward to seeing what you're working on

Thanks Kuribo. Best advice I can give on freehand is to get a great reference pic to work from. If you can, print a copy out at the scale you want to work at and use as a reference for the shape and proportions. I printed out a big version and one about 1cm or so high for this, also had a version on my phone to refer to for better colour information.

In the mean time here’s the filthy xeno in progress.

Name:  11DA3B34-36B6-447F-BF7D-CAACF5F162E8.jpeg
Views: 84
Size:  93.7 KB

Trying to build lots lots of colour variation and texture into the skin on this.

Hi hairster,

I know it is PITA to update such a wonderful banner, but if you plan to go to a GW contest, please consider that there used to be always five plates on the forehead.

But the it looks promising so far, planning to steal some ideas

The skin pattern on the Genestealer head is pretty cool.

Delicious work my man!!!

Damn hairster!!! Your banner work is just sensational... you keep pumping out banners like this your going to knock Jonas Wideen off his perch well done mate, and I love the start on the head, very vibrant...

Thanks everyone, I really enjoy the freehand image/banner painting, it’s a whole different challenge for me and is another way to keep things fresh.

@lonelemming - you are right, just realised I have missed a tiny white line to split the top most plate. It may well be that I swerved doing it because of the size (that top plate is about 1mm deep)...best get the good brushes out!

I finished up the Acolyte head last night as well...onto the body next.

Name:  09068C6A-450B-4EAF-BF4A-15F595EE99D0.jpeg
Views: 50
Size:  97.1 KB