Return to the hobby after a long time.... - Page 71
Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1421

Thread: Return to the hobby after a long time....

Agghhhh. It is soooo good!

Both pieces are stunning. You should be really proud of your efforts & unbelievable improvement, no matter the results of the competition. That said, I think you've put yourself in contention for some serious awards with these incredible pieces.
    The lone nit I can pick- and I only do this because I think you need start worrying about the tiny details that will differentiate the top competitors - is that I think I see the seam between the two halves of the marine gun barrel.
    I absolutely love these projects and can't wait to see what you'll do next.

Thanks LL, Toad and Endless.

Toad - you could well be right there...it’s stashed away safely now but I will dig it out pre show and tidy that up. thanks!

Now in amongst working on the GD winners challenge piece (which I cannot share unfortunately). I’ve joined the first inaugural Zarbag paintalong with non other than forum favourite BAM. Feel free to join in!

Heres the results of the first session....

Name:  CFABABEB-F2E4-4C4B-8B44-FA925D74C648.jpeg
Views: 180
Size:  141.7 KB

Hmmm, Zarbag paintalong you say? That gives me an idea...

Zarbag is looking great... that eye... nice.
    Last edited by Chaotic Creations; 11-14-2018 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Spelling... yikes :)

Stuck in painting limbo under a pile of unpainted minis

That is very freaky just as it is! Great job on the face and eye

Thanks...such a fun mini to work on after the 40k stuff.

Name:  B2DAF232-250B-4211-ABB0-779766A8E04D.jpeg
Views: 132
Size:  81.0 KB

No idea on overall colour scheme yet just enjoying throwing some paint on this.

Grab a Zarbag and join in!

Here’s all I got today Matey I am bangin out the whole unit me being a unit pimp lol. But here’s my contributions Name:  9361FDF9-BAC6-45C7-B918-094CD0BC91A5.jpeg
Views: 115
Size:  1.81 MBName:  63AE3070-DF25-4808-9866-864B461CCDFD.jpeg
Views: 115
Size:  1.71 MBName:  C50452CD-00AD-4729-A225-CA8538E6E2E2.jpeg
Views: 116
Size:  1.18 MB

Woke up this morning and realized buddy that this post was suppos3d to be on my page . I must’ve ended off on your page mate. I so apologize this is your thread and would never post anything on yours unless asked. I do apologize. I still don’t know how to remove recent posts on threads . :/ my apologies hair.
    BaM

No worries BAM, I just assumed it was your response to the paintalong and was interested to see your progress....I just didnt get chance to respond.

Looking good though! Are you going for the classic black and yellow robes? Not sure what to do with mine yet......I only made a tiny bit of progress last night (went to the pub instead) so will update you on mine as soon as I have something worth showing.

That lantern section that joins to the base is a pain in the arse though!....really wanted to get the hand onthere and filled from the start.

Honestly hair I’m in the same boat brother I pribsbly will go with textured leather but I have images in mind but you know it never goes that route lol . Yeah let me also say Bruddah that last year you killed it but this year you killed last year. I really do believe your going to have an amazing run at GD. When you get there take it from me don’t look at all the entries and start placing them in your head . Don’t say aw that’s gonna place above mine -truth is I’m certain folks are saying the exact same thing about yours.

Stuck in painting limbo under a pile of unpainted minis

Ha, pirating another thread....Bad BAM, bad!!!! lol

Looking really good Hairster.... and BAM lol...
    i went to my local to get a copy of this to get onboard but was sold out, so no paintalong for me, but will definitely be getting a copy of this in the near future...

Hmmm was already interested in the Underworlds Goblin band ... after seeing this I definetely have to have it -.- ^^

I think these boxes are great for painters. The minis look great and the price is okay for GW standards. Bought the Skeleton box as well since the skeletons looked really cool. But my unpainted mini mountain is growing and growing ...

Great painting so far, love his eye !
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Caught in his view. "Here's looking at you, kid"
    Just awesome! Go ahead :-)