Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Mdlbuildr's WIP

Practicing the "shiny" armor method. Also started some NMM Steel on the backpack, but the eyes had had enough.
    Name:  SM1.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  106.4 KBName:  SM2.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  55.4 KB

More practice on "shiny armor". I really like how the shoulder piece came out with the NMM Gold. Practice, practice, practice.
    Name:  SM3.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  66.5 KB Name:  SM4.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  42.5 KB

All looking really good so far man, that’s it practice, practice and more practice it’s all about getting soft transitions in the blends. Your doing great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Creations View Post
    All looking really good so far man, that’s it practice, practice and more practice it’s all about getting soft transitions in the blends. Your doing great so far.
    Thanks!! I appreciate the feedback.

Looking good. A bit of glazing with an in between shade on the boundaries will help smooth things out. The light placement looks spot on . Good stuff

Needed a break from NMM and "Shiny Armor". Found this Wrack already primed, so off I went. Sorry for the glare.

Name:  Wrack1.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  230.8 KB Name:  Wrack.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  230.2 KB

As much as I hate this hideous mini, I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with him. Keep at it buddy.

So far so good, it’s coming along nicely... I very interested to see how you go about painting those vials, what style you use.

So far so good, it’s coming along nicely... I very interested to see how you go about painting those vials, what style you use.

Thanks!! I intend to paint them with a Caliban Green base coat, then attempt to make it look full of light green fluid with the one tilted over a little with fluid tilted in the same direction. We'll see how that goes, LOL.

Ok cool sounds good, I’m a big fan of vials when they are painted half full (or empty depending on your outlook on life ) there’s many ways to do this, but I think the best is with a blue empty void, that’s just personal preference though. Here’s one I attempted a little while back, it’s a horrible job I know and doesn’t really look good but gives the general idea. Just a something for you to think about ... oh and by the way I personally feel they would look heaps better with blood in them to suit the character, but that’s just what I’m thinking, it’s your paint job, so do whatever you feel you should... I’m looking forward to watching this come along, keep up the nice work.Name:  63EC483B-6C63-4FAF-A65F-35EA046748F7.jpeg
Views: 209
Size:  229.9 KB

Good stuff, looking forward to seeing where this goes

More work on the Wrack. Added some rust effect to the Chains, Vials and Blades.
    Name:  Wrack.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  61.2 KB Name:  Wrack1.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  62.8 KB Name:  Wrack2.jpg
Size:  62.8 KB Name:  Wrack3.jpg
Size:  64.8 KB

Warmachine Cryx Deathjack. Incredible model. Priming done.

Name:  DJ.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  58.8 KB Name:  DJ1.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  53.7 KB

The wrack is coming along nicely, contrast in the skin tone is great.
    this new figure looks like a bit of a fun challenge to paint.

The wrack is coming along nicely, contrast in the skin tone is great.
    this new figure looks like a bit of a fun challenge to paint.
    Thank you!

I custom mixed my own wash from the blue and red GW washes to get a deeper purple. More of a fleshy look. The skin took forever as I really wanted to give it a kind of washed out transparent look over the purple in some areas, but then a very opaque look in others to show a bit of rottiness to it. I'm super happy with how the rusty chains came out. It's exactly what I had wanted. So far, I think this model is the happiest I've been with my painting.

I'm excited to start on the DeathJack. Super detailed and I have some ideas on how I want it to look.

Thanks again for the kind words~