Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: July - Heroes & Villains

Default July - Heroes & Villains

Hey Guys,..

I know it's a bit early for this one, but I wanted to give enough notice for everyone to order their pieces (if need be). Anyways,.. as the title says,.. the theme for this round will be "Heroes & Villains"!!! Traditional heroes models are, of course, accepted. Feel free to let your imagination run wild. While my initial thought is comic book characters,.. this is by no means an "absolute". Fantasy or sci-fi heroes will do just as good. And don't feel trapped by heroes either,.. if villains are more your thing, then by all means go with the villain of your choice. Also,.. I will be allowing "mash-ups".

"But Webmonkey,.. what's a mash-up??",... I'm glad you asked!! Mash-ups are a simple way for people to use existing models. (And therefore not have to spend a lot of cash. Because, let's face it,.. we aren't all made of money). The point of a mash-up is to take an existing model and paint it up like something that it's not. For Example: Got a extra space marine floating around?? paint him up to look like Captain America,.... Got a spare Warjack??, Do you think it would look cool as Iron Man???,... What about that Necron Nightbringer??,.. with a few easy mods, it might be a rather cool Batman,... etc, etc etc. Let your mind go wild. The sky's the limit!!!

This one will run July 1st to the 31st (with a possible extension to Aug. 15th if the majority of people need more time). Otherwise, all the rules are the same as all the other contests. If any of you are new here and need further explanation, feel free to ask. I, or any of the other regulars, will be happy to explain things. As always, I'll start the list off with my own name,.. (just copy and paste the list into a new reply, and add your name to the bottom)

Webmonkey
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

I will definitely have time to do this one.

Mash-up sounds really appealing. I have a Deadzone 1st generation plague that will do as Abomination or Hulk, or maybe a Helldorado Greater Demon of Wrath.
    Models completed in 2016 so far: 16
    Models in WIP: 22

tp://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/gohkm

Me too, mini is almost ready.

If I remember where I packed it...

Webmonkey
    gohkm
    Sicks
    oistene

I am most definitely in.

Just have too many options. Maybe it will take until July to choose one.

Looking forward to this one

Webmonkey
    gohkm
    Sicks
    oisten
    Bishop
    Yeti
    Miniature painting takes a little brush and a lot of patience.
    My fledgeling WIP
    My Gallery

Heroes and/or Villians
    Its all in the perspective.

I may just have something suitable, let me check and update.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Well,.. you are always most welcome to compete here.

I really don't have the time to join this one, but I'll follow, watch and vote
    Feel free to come by my WIP or have a look into my Gallery
    Voted on 5377 out of 235568 minis, and also left 847 comments on Cmon Gallery.

I'd like to join in, but I'm having a real decision paralysis about what to make for it. Advice/votes appreciated!

So far my thoughts are:

1. Wolverine in 'classic' yellow costume
    2. Astro Boy grown up and fallen on hard times
    3. Hulk protecting Betty Ross from an unseen attacker
    4. Kitty Pryde in a half-phased fight/embrace with wolverine (it makes sense in my head, anyway)
    5. Cyclops leaping into the air and directing an optic blast at the ground/an enemy reduced to bones and ash
    6. A bust of the Joker peeling off his face (like the Death of a Family storyline)

As you can see, too many scenes to choose from!

I like the idea of 2 and 6. Maybe 2 a bit more.
    Forgot, that it works again.

I vote for 5
    My fledgeling WIP
    My Gallery

I like the idea of #4

We're being helpful :-)
    My fledgeling WIP
    My Gallery

Either of the wolverine ideas get my vote, he's the best there is at what he does

yep, we're not helpful,

but bgcdazzler could do the following too:
    In a ruined street the heroes battle. On the wall there is a graffiti of Joker peeling off his face. Before it a Yellow costumed Wolverine hugs Kitty,
    while in the middle cyclops blasts one of the attackers. The blast makes a lot of rubble that flies partly toward Betty Ross (who is she btw?) protected by the Hulk by jumping between the flying rubble and Betty.
    Watching all this from the corner(or alley entrance) is a homeless guy, who is in reality Astro Boy.

So all 6 in a nice little scene. I'm sure the whole diorama won't take more than a day to do for bgcdazzler. :P
    Forgot, that it works again.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXxxx View Post
    /...but bgcdazzler could do the following too:
    In a ruined street the heroes battle. On the wall there is a graffiti of Joker peeling off his face. Before it a Yellow costumed Wolverine hugs Kitty,
    while in the middle cyclops blasts one of the attackers. The blast makes a lot of rubble that flies partly toward Betty Ross (who is she btw?) protected by the Hulk by jumping between the flying rubble and Betty.
    Watching all this from the corner(or alley entrance) is a homeless guy, who is in reality Astro Boy.
    So all 6 in a nice little scene. I'm sure the whole diorama won't take more than a day to do for bgcdazzler. :P
    LOOOOOOL hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by bgcdazzler View Post
    Advice/votes appreciated!
    You can always take your decision based on what you want to practice/improve

1. Wolverine in 'classic' yellow costume
    Are you ready to make claws?
    2. Astro Boy grown up and fallen on hard times
    Well this looks like an opportunity to practice regular male sculps with a hint of manga style....
    3. Hulk protecting Betty Ross from an unseen attacker
    Do you want to practice sculpting all the muscular groups from a guy like him?
    4. Kitty Pryde in a half-phased fight/embrace with wolverine (it makes sense in my head, anyway)
    Do not know who is her but she sounds like if she is a cat-woman relative so... woman body sculpt practie
    5. Cyclops leaping into the air and directing an optic blast at the ground/an enemy reduced to bones and ash
    So here we have not so muscular man (compared to hulk) with some gadgets on his head... (the optic blast is a think I cannot se how would be sculpted though... xP
    6. A bust of the Joker peeling off his face (like the Death of a Family storyline)
    Another opportunity for sculpting a bust, a human one this time... I bet for this approach
    Feel free to come by my WIP or have a look into my Gallery
    Voted on 5377 out of 235568 minis, and also left 847 comments on Cmon Gallery.

Im just gonna throw a #7 in the mix... Hulk vs wolverine I believe Hulk was one of wolverines first (maybe even the first?) targets when he was part of weapon x, googling Hulk vs wolverine led to some lovely images of Hulk ripping wolverine clean in half, I'm sure he got better though

Glad to see there's a consensus on the best one to do...

Maxx: you must be crazy. That's at least a two day job...