• Artosh/Goblin-Joker

8 44.44%
  • Maxx/Female Hero

1 5.56%
  • Sicks/Krom Dragongaze

4 22.22%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: July - Heroes & Villains

Basically all prep work is fine, base building, attaching bits together, taking care of mold lines etc. Is all fine, just no painting beyond that, usually the theme is pretty loose, if you can loosely explain your mini or idea as a hero or villain it will be fine (as webmonkey said you could paint a space marine in superhero colours/style if you wanted) so really just pick a mini you fancy painting and pushing yourself with and it should be fine. Knight models is an obvious choice for you but I know both silver tower and overkill are filled with heroes and villains to choose from, I think for this one it's a pretty broad category that you could fit almost any mini in.

Above all its about having fun, I used the last one to push my painting skills which apparently paid off

Cheers Sicks. Think I need to have a good dig through my Knight stuff and see what really jumps out at me and can give me a challenge.

Webmonkey, any idea what the closing date will be for this one?
    Miniature painting takes a little brush and a lot of patience.
    My fledgeling WIP
    My Gallery

end of july,.. but possibly mid august, if enough people need more time to finish. we'll have to see how it goes.
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

Okay, I'm in. I really need a way to motivate myself to paint more. I think a nice deadline should do it. Now, what to paint?

Webmonkey
    gohkm
    Sicks
    oisten
    Bishop
    Yeti
    TheLost
    meaty_nosebleeds
    Brambleten
    Zab
    Khavor

Quote Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post
    end of july,.. but possibly mid august, if enough people need more time to finish. we'll have to see how it goes.
    Cool. For what it's worth, my vote would be for me August. I don't paint quickly.
    My fledgeling WIP
    My Gallery

I thought I had my mini selected for me when Starfire turned up, but she turned out to be completely miscast Waiting on Knight now to see when a replacement will ship.

Well,.. you guys still have about 2 weeks to decide. But for those of you who've been slacking,.. now's the time to get your orders in (if you haven't already),.. otherwise, it won't get to you in time.

've decided and prepped, the wait is killing me though. i wanna get started!
    i'd make you a sandwitch, but cannibalism is illegal in my country.
    WIP thread

Quote Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post
    Well,.. you guys still have about 2 weeks to decide. But for those of you who've been slacking,.. now's the time to get your orders in (if you haven't already),.. otherwise, it won't get to you in time.

Quick question, does it have to be superhero/villain themed? Are other heroic/villanous themes alloved?
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Quick question, does it have to be superhero/villain themed? Are other heroic/villanous themes alloved?
    All hero and villain themes are allowed

I have decided to stick with my Medusa model, just need to get her prepped over the next 2 weeks

Webmonkey
    gohkm
    Sicks
    oisten
    Bishop
    Yeti
    TheLost
    meaty_nosebleeds
    Brambleten
    Zab
    Khavor
    kablaq

I'm going to try and do a Chaos Space Marine HQ in Terminator armor.... have most of it built already, just need to work on the base.

teenage mutant ninja turtles...
    Name:  TMNT.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  215.1 KB
    heroes in a half shell - turtle power!

composition? check.
    Onto detailing that block to look like NYC brick and stucco rooftops...
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Wow Zab, that is really cool.
    My fledgeling WIP
    My Gallery

I'm seeing a videogame here, superfun project!!
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

So cool zab, who makes them? Technically I have more minis than I can handle right now but there's always room for turtles!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicks View Post
    So cool zab, who makes them? Technically I have more minis than I can handle right now but there's always room for turtles!
    Got them on shapeways.com not sure about the whole IP rights thing, but they are up there. Not the greatest quality, but they are small 1/72 scale and i wanted to try them out to see how good the lowest quality of 3d printing is now. Not great but it's getting closer to becoming a viable option
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Interesting, I might have to check it out although I hear getting their better quality plastic is a bit of a price hike

Ive been rethinking my model choice, I have a bunch of recasts that were bought for me, in amongst it is Nancy steelpunch and aside from gap filling the various bits the only major fault is between the thighs, it's basically a solid block of resin but I could hide it with a GS skirt, I was thinking she could make a good steam punk quake with a bit of work, I might tinker with that idea until the start date, see how it turns out
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daisy_Johnson

Well, a new Starfire is apparently on her way but I've decided that I'm going to leave KM entirely and go for the heroic leader of the Sayx forces in Fallen Frontiers, Dianne Tianseen, and also throw her into 'Eavier Metal's contest as well, seeing as that ends 31st July as well

Should be interesting to see how this pans out. there's some interesting pieces starting to pop up