Lone Lemming's WIP - Page 22
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Lone Lemming's WIP

Cool. You have nice texture going on the pouches and the colors developing on the pants are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ekipage View Post
    If he is a real soldier, those pouches have maybe a magazine or two and the rest is snack food
    Full to the brim with boiled sweets and Haribo!

I really hate you for including that link! Thank you very much, I am crying now!

Holy moly, thank you for the link. Didn't know it but it's favd now.

After the first review I was smiling a bit. But after just a third of the second I was done for.

I've had food poisoning from some bad shellfish and that was almost like a skip in the park compared to what was going on inside me.
    That was the point I started laughing and from there of continuing I nearly rolled laughing under my desk. xD

@CyAniDe, no you have to get to page three of the reviews (one titled: My dinner with Andrea) It is freaking hilarious

Guys, I am really glad that you liked the reviews
    I have issues, too, reading more than half page of them

More on the mini, the additional leather colors were VMC 70872 Chocolate Brown and VMC 70985 Hull Red.

For the undercloth I used only the shade and highlight colors, without any other, for the metallic parts VMA 71065 Steel:

Name:  DSC_1566.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  149.8 KB Name:  DSC_1568.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  150.8 KB

So at 1.30 am last night I came in here and clicked the link, many laughs were had but I was up for an hour longer than I planned lol, I might get some of those hell bebears for my ex

The mini is looking great so far, looking forward to the next pics

Sicks, I think an ex should be avoided, not revenged, but you know

I continued with the armor plates, with VMC 70908 Carmine Red and VMC 70909 Vermillion:

Name:  DSC_1574.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  144.4 KB Name:  DSC_1576.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  145.4 KB

The red looks great. It's really taking form now. The freehand "4" makes the breast plate much more interesting. Great idea and very good color choice. The contrast between the knee protectors and the green trousers is really high though. At the moment it draws my view a bit down to the knees. But it will probably change as soon as the face gets painted. Really looking forward to it

Thanks, cyanide,

I feel that the red could be a bit strong, too, but I will see. And do not forget the minigun!

On the other side I planned to paint a NOVA logo (as he is part of the Dark Nove series). I started putting an 1mm masking tape on the armor, marking a top and bottom line around it, trying to write the text NOVA into it, but the text was too wide. Then tried to merge the letters V and A, then noticed that the N can be stylized as backslash, too. And filling the o with black, as it is dark nova.

The evolution of the logo looked like this:

Name:  nova-logo.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  10.5 KB

And painted the front and the back side:

Name:  DSC_1578.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  139.4 KB Name:  DSC_1582.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  142.6 KB

Cool. I like seeing your thought process for developing the stylized logo...and I am impressed at your skill of painting the lettering.

Seriously, great painting here. Even with masking tape my attempt at lettering would look bad. Well done!

Thanks,

but seems that I was misunderstood, I used the 1mm masking tape only to mark the logo location. 2mm was extremely wide

Name:  DSC_1584.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  63.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    I am impressed at your skill of painting the lettering.
    Maybe this sound arrogant, but did you try it? All I used a wet palette, the colors mentioned above, a lamp with builtin magnifier and a one year old (!) W&N Series 7 Size 0.

Continuing with the face, it was painted with base color 1:1 mix of VMC 70804 Beige Red and VMC 70803 Rose Brown. Extreme left side, near the lamp was highlighted with white, instead the usual mix. Eyes were pure highlight mixed with white:

Name:  DSC_1586.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  89.2 KB Name:  DSC_1588.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  89.6 KB

And painting the darker area:

Name:  DSC_1596.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  85.5 KB Name:  DSC_1594.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  84.2 KB

Outstanding Lemm! Really neat work on the lettering, and it was interesting to see how the logo developed.

Nice stuff with the face too. I like the muted shadows you’ve got.

Brilliant and informative posts LL - really enjoying watching this come together and see your processes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Lemming View Post
    I used the 1mm masking tape only to mark the logo location.
    Nah, that isn't being arrogant. It just shows your skills/ability level. Man, after that explanation, how do you get the lines so freaking straight???? Great job so far!

Quote Originally Posted by ekipage View Post
    Nah, that isn't being arrogant. It just shows your skills/ability level. Man, after that explanation, how do you get the lines so freaking straight???? Great job so far!
    I agree. The couple times I tried lettering it came out looking like a two year old learning to write with the wrong hand.

Thank you guys, very much!

Cyanide was right, painting the head added a lot to the mini, the colors are more balanced now.

95% finished painting the body, only the eyes, some weathering and adjusting the shoulder lamp OSL and glazing the back armor is missing:

Name:  DSC_1597.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  142.7 KB Name:  DSC_1601.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  141.6 KB Name:  DSC_1602.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  140.5 KB Name:  DSC_1604.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  140.1 KB