ADE goes giant mad... - Page 13
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: ADE goes giant mad...

Cheers gorb, I'll do a group shot for you sometime.
    New Tree man bust sculpt on the go now.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Day three and Tree man bust sculpt complete.

Good work, love the facial features

The textures are where this sculpt shines! Keep up the great work!

Cheers folks, the next sculpt is my version of a piece of art by Mr Revenge on Instagram.

Great start! I love the progression photos. As usual, your textures rock!

Cheers Gorb, getting on nicely with this figure.Really pleased with the overall look.

that is a cool looking figure! Nice work on it

WOW, Your sculpts looks fantastic! Textures on them are really great!

Thanks for the kind words gang. Finished off this little vignette. This one pushed me in several places .The weapons for me being the hardest thing to produce.

I love the implied violence behind that veiled smirk. Great atmosphere, and it tells a cool story too.
    Very nice!

Both pieces are fantastic but the tree man just knocked me out. Textures, personality, volumes, everything.

wow, missed the tree man...great job on that sculpt! the other one (evil girl thing on stump) looks freakin' great as well. You got some great sculpting skills!

Wow wow wow
    Quote Originally Posted by ekipage View Post
    wow, missed the tree man...great job on that sculpt! the other one (evil girl thing on stump) looks freakin' great as well. You got some great sculpting skills!
    Ditto. Your sculpting just keeps getting more creative. Awesome work to look at.

Thanks for the kind words gang,it's becoming an obsession now.....Next thing is a little different though ,decided to have a go using some Chavant clay and to make a clay board which can be used to practice textures and different mini sculptures. This kind of clay will never harden and can be used over and over again. First the block was cut up then melted in the oven in a baking tray.Next it was pored onto a 10 inch square board and then smoothed out with a piece of timber.The surface was then worked with a homemade sculpting tool(a kidney scraper would have been better) and then heated with a hair dryer and smoothed out with a finger.

Couple of quick pics, Stone Giant bust knocked out in a few hours and some scales practice on my clay board.

​He has a slight Easter Island vibe to him, which makes sense. Cool.

Stone giant looks great for a few hours work! Scales texture looks awesome, really cool patterns, need to save it as a reference for freehand scale painting

Cheers folks. For the scales check this Youtube video Monster Lab #7: Sculpting Scales in Clay Tutorial
    and for the clay board check this video FREE Mini-Lesson - Sculpture Techniques LIVE Course Preview - The Clay Board
    onto the next projects. First a claw slash on my clay board, Then a huge armature for something big, then much smaller armature for a seated Tree man. The Tree man armature took me just under two hours and is probably the most complex so far.