ADE goes giant mad... - Page 4
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ADE goes giant mad...

Smashed into the Reaper Hill giant as a little break from painting the bigger models.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

With the exception of the base which needs a tidy up once the glue is fully hardened the Reaper Hill Giant is done.Two afternoons and a morning for a quick finish.

T-Rex with some chocolate brown stripes added and some subtle black shading down spine around the head and down the back of the legs.

That hill giant is looking really good!

A better pic of the Hill Giant from a decent camera.Fully finished with two coats of varnish.

A quick one again easily completed in a few hours ,the Grenadier miniatures Undead giant picked up broken off Ebay for a few quid.It had a broken weapon and needed stripping but a weapon swap was in mind so it was a bargain .The spear is a plastic Citadel item from the old skeleton sprue. A new round base was also added.The figure was undercoated black then dry brushed all over with a selection of brown,coffee,wheat and stone coloured acrylics.This was then washed with burnt umber and the whole figure was wet blended.After this red,green and purple were washed between some of the wraps and finally edge highlighting was used in selective areas.

Next up Scibor Miniatures Big fat Uncle model in resin,sprayed with white enamel then pre shaded with black followed by Putrid green for the flesh and red in all the splits and sores.

A few more in progress shots,still loads to do....

A bit more work done,not far to go now.

I love this sculpt, it’s so horrible and your doing a really great job with it... I may have to look at finding one of these, would be great fun to paint.

All done! a really cool figure and really enjoyable to paint.

New project.....Purple worm....

Finished building a Reaper Bones Narthrax. The figure just needs a coat of primer to show any imperfections and then it'll be ready for action. To clean the mold lines a diamond file was used then the fluff produced by the soft plastic is removed by rubbing with fine steel wool.

These two latest projects look like they will be excellent ADE. I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Cheers Foxy,let's hope so....As a break from all the modelling and after watching loads of Youtube videos on Dinosaur toy repaints ,This Schelich Kentrosausus which was picked up at a local garden centre seemed like a nice way to waste a day off work. Also giving me the chance to practice my wet blending before fiddling with my worm.

Another action figure rebuild project, Macfarlane's Legend of the blade hunters Ogre(guard class),going to tackle this critter by fixing and sculpting all moving joints then an all over fresh paint job.Pictures with and without hood.

Even though there are other things to be done,couldn't resist smashing into the Ogre guard.Broke the figure up into pieces quite easily and cleaned off the mold lines with a diamond file,scalpel and wire wool.Fixed together with a two part epoxy five minute adhesive using the original pins for the joints.The leg joint was horrific and rather than hours of scraping filing and filling,used some Greenstuff to make some straps which saved me a mountain of work.

Finally finished the Hippo.After the oil paint had fully dried it was given a coat of matt varnish then the final details were added with acrylic paint.Overall i'm pleased with my first attempt at using oils but there's no doubt acrylic is much easier to use.The biggest problem was waiting for the oils to dry,once ready to paint again it felt like a chore picking up the figure as it seemed to go on forever.

That is a fun looking paint scheme. Nice.