ADE goes giant mad... - Page 5
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ADE goes giant mad...

Photos from iphone.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Another figure from the stash of unfinished stuff.An Eaglemoss DC Doomsday which I picked up cheap at a boot fair. Not a great figure but a monster bit of metal. Wacked it in really quick so at least I can pass it on.The skin was an exercise in airbrush Zenithal painting with minimal brushwork.

Picked up this Narnia Minotaur action figure at the boot fair for 50p and decided to keep the articulation for the right arm and the head.All other joins were covered with green stuff.Picked up the circle of MDF at the same boot fair and the stone is from Krka National park in Croatia.The dead tree came from a dead bush I found in someones garden which keeps me supplied with gnarly looking fantasy trees.The tree was worked with a Dremel. Mushrooms and toadstools were made from Milliput with the bracket fungi and moss sculpted from green stuff.The base was also built up with Magic sculpt and after these shots some extra stones and gravel were added. I've decided to keep it in several parts for ease of painting.Also added a Nurgling for a bit of interest.The whole thing was primed with grey from a rattle can.

That base is pretty cool. I really like the gnarly tree and the greenstuff shelf fungus you sculpted to it.

Bit more done on the Minotaur after a break working on other stuff, armour still needs it's verdigris to finish.

Bit more done,really pleased with the colour choices for this model.

Nurgling painted and armour tarnished.

Minotaur now glued and screwed to base,needed some touching up in a couple of places but now getting near to the end.

As a quick painting break from the Minotaur decided to smash into this Papo Orc.

Big dudes are looking good Ade. Especially the armour and the verdigris on the minotaur.

Cheers Foxy.Here's the results of day two on the Orc.Painting with not a lot of care and really pleased with the rough look.

Nice skin tone for the orc. The touches of pink in the knee and belly add a lot of life to the skin.

Cheers Krule. Day three and a bit further forward.Weapon and staff nearly complete and base coats on his furs started.Lots of other little areas sorted too.

Day four,completely taken up with painting the furs on his back.Still a bit of tidying up needed but nearly there.

Good going mate. I’d love to see you push the shadows on the furs much further though. Get some dark browns in as a shade perhaps

Finished! Now time for beer.

Ogre based and primed ready for action.

Minotaur done,need to check over in the daylight but pretty much on it now.

The bronze and fur textures are really well done.