ADE goes giant mad... - Page 11
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ADE goes giant mad...

Ogre sculpt continues,Head minus ears,boots,nipple,veins on biceps,ring through club and an extra piece of armour on the shoulder made for a more fiddly day of sculpting.This is more an exercise in proportions than overall finish this is why it seems rough in some areas, but by by working quicker and not messing about with little details more experience is gained.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Your textures are great. Great contrast between the skin, the leather and the fur.
    Question: he is wearing boots, but I can't tell whether he is wearing pants or not?

Hey Gorb,he will have a fur or something similar on his backside.Final work in Sculpey complete.Ears,scars and veins on hands.All the final details to be added with Apoxie sculpt.

Ogre finished for the moment, May add some extra details later but at this stage it's complete.The leather covering his backside was built from rolled out Apoxie sculpt which was laid over a paper template soaked in superglue.It's really thin but rock hard.

That's a great idea with the paper+superglue armature. At first I thought it was plasticard.
    That might come in handy for cloaks and stuff too.

Awesome! That’s great! Really love the harness rig strap where it ties to the ring. The club and club handle are amazing man. Your wood sculpts are some of my favorites i’ve seen!

Quote Originally Posted by ADE70 View Post
    Hi Stephan, the Tree man was made from Aves Apoxie sculpt which won't crack and like Milliput and Greenstuff drys by chemical reaction, the disadvantage to this clay is it's speedy drying time but it's really tough.The reason the tin foil was used is to save money on clay.The Ogre is made from Super Sculpey medium which can crack if applied in a thickness of over half an inch. Still finding my way with armatures as I don't want to apply too much tin foil then not be able to sculpt to the required depth.Although on my Great unclean one sculpt I used the Dremel to get some depth back in a couple of areas.The advantage to Super Sculpey is it stays wet until baked so you can take your time which is perfect for more complex projects like the Ogre where i'm not so confident.However Sculpey is brittle and can break easily once hardened.
    Thanks for the great info. I have some apoxie sculpt on the way and it should get here any day. Had my first go with milliput and misapplied it a bit and ended up chucking it. I didn’t let it set up enough at first and then waited too long. Chaos Spawn recommended Bees putty to me and i just got it in. Eager to give it a shot and try some of the stuff i’m seeing on your thread. Awesome stuff and much appreciated.

Any help you need Stephan, just ask partner. I have some Bees putty too, haven't tried it yet so be really interested to hear how you do.

Evil mushroom sculpt.

That is definately a cool mini! Impressive.

Cheers Krule, this was an easy sculpt as it's so basic.It does stand out against the others once on the shelf though.A little more work to do then he's finished.

That mushroom sculpt is awesome! The mouth reminds me of the mayor on Nightmare Before Christmas.

Keep 'em coming!

Your mushrooms and trees are so damn awesome man. Great work once again. Your WIP photos are great too being able to see the progression of the sculpt as you go. Really helpful for me. What’s up next on the menu from you? You crank these suckers out fast!

Not sure Stephan, the mushroom was quite straightforward, maybe something a bit more complex for the next piece.

Evil mushroom complete.Looks a bit scrappy at the moment so will prime it and upload some more pics.

Pics of evil mushroom after priming.

I love all the texturing, esp the subtle dimples on top of its head. Very nice!

Cheers Gorb, I don't know about you but since the sculpting started , ..can't pick up a paintbrush.

Quote Originally Posted by ADE70 View Post
    Cheers Gorb, I don't know about you but since the sculpting started , ..can't pick up a paintbrush.
    Haha! I know what you mean...
    I try to balance them out though. Like every time I switch from scratchbuilding to sculpting, or sculpting to painting, it feels fresh, like I'm not just doing the Same Old Thing again.

You are very good at sculpting though, so keep at it, your thread is always a must-see.

Cheers Gorb, next up , rock forest, Goblin head and a my version of Frankenstein's monster....