ADE goes giant mad...

Thread: ADE goes giant mad...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default ADE goes giant mad...

Decided to smash into some giants ...Picked up a Wizards of the coast Stone giant Elder from the bootfair for 30p....A Reaper Resin and white metal Frost giant(Boerogg Blackrime) for Fathers day and the most impressive of the three, a Heroclix Frost giant for £10.00...Name:  THREE GIANTS ONE.jpg
Views: 1285
Size:  803.2 KBName:  BOEROGG  BLACKRIME  PARTS.jpg
Views: 1145
Size:  826.1 KBName:  BOEROGG  BLACKRIME BASE.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  953.0 KBName:  BOEROGG  BLACKRIME 1.jpg
Views: 1171
Size:  991.3 KB

Ok , got some work done on all the giants this week...Reaper Frost giant primed,Heroclix Frost giant converted and primed and the Wizards Stone giant elder fixed to a new base....The spear for the Heroclix Frost giant was made by gluing two halves of an old plane model kit either side of some brass rod stuffed full of Araldite glue.When this dried I carved away the tip losing virtually all the plastic plane part which had acted like a mold while the glue set.The spiked mace was cut from the giant and his hand was drilled to accept the rod.Once glued in place the texture to the rod was added with green stuff.The close up of the primed tip shows the faceted end to his ice spear...
    Attached Images Attached Images          

These are looking nice. I don't know why Reaper doesn't due more resin kits as the detail looks great and it is kind of sad when I see some of the awesome sculpt greens they have only made of Bones PVC.

Thanks for taking time to comment Krule.....Today I decided the Wizards Stone giant didn't cut it on the shoulder proportions(one huge ,one tiny)and the quality of the fur sculpting(very soft and flat) so with the Green stuff I went in and dressed him in some rugged furs suitable for a giant ,which I also used to disguise his tiny shoulder...

Did a bit of airbrush work today...On the Reaper Frost giant shot some Grey then white on to him from the front to affect the following coats...The Wizards Stone giants flesh was base coated a dark grey...Finally the Heroclix Frost giant had his flesh highlighted all by airbrush as he is such a big figure and I wanted a softer more natural look...

Man those are 'giant' models lol
    For HIS glory, by HIS Grace,
    TheLost

My WIP thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...34-TheLost-WIP