Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADE goes giant mad...

After a break while pursuing other projects , decided to start movin' and doing it ....so here's whats happened...Picked up the Goblin spear man for a quid at the boot fair and was pleasantly surprised to find he is made of resin .Stripped(with Dettol),rebuilt,repaired and a new base and a quick paint job gave me this little beauty.He stands just under 4 inches from foot to head....
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Now it was time to finish the Reaper Frost giant...a few hours over two afternoons soon sorted out that critter...

Picked up this big fella at a boot fair for 50p and gave him an overhaul , carved some bits off and sculpted others(using Magic sculpt). Straps were added to his shoulder armour(Green stuff) and the cleaver was formed from styrene sheet and the edge thinned with the Dremel. He was green when I found him but a nice dark Ogre skin seemed a better choice.The base is just a wooden oval from Hobbycraft textured with stones,gravel and a twig which were all blended into the base with Milliput.

Another boot fair find turned into a brush holder,the figure was made from a hard plastic body with soft plastic for the arms and head.It was stripped in Dettol then rebuilt and the skin textured with liquid green stuff. A Games workshop Squig and rat were added for extra intrest

And now for a Masterbox Troll....not much you can say about this one really.

Just flicking through your thread Ade, really impressed with what you’ve been doing. You’ve clearly got a lot of talent.

Keep it up!
    error 404: signature not found

Some really cool work. I really like the textures you created on the brush holder--neat idea. The ogre though is awesome and really illustrates how a paint scheme change can really improve the interest of a mini.

First up a figure from Figone miniatures a mad looking Hippo warrior called Haan. Based on a slice of tree picked up at Hobbycraft with slate,a bit of gnarly twig,gravel and sand of various grades and moss sculpted from Green stuff.The twig was hollowed out in places using a Dremel.

Next Ray Harryhausen's Cyclops from Sinbad as made by Futura. He is made of a semi soft plastic and pre painted. I didn't strip him of paint just cleaned off the mold lines and then used Araldite to glue all the joints. After the glue fully hardened I filled any cracks and blemishes with Magic sculpt.After the figure was cleaned up again it was given two thin coats of liquid Green stuff to blend all the surfaces together and provide a nice surface to paint on.

Brush painted the Cyclops with Matt black enamel and primed the the Hippo using grey from a rattle can.

Such fun watching you renovate and customize these, man. Love what you did with the ogre, and can't wait to see the hippo painted up..

That hippo is going to look awesome. It’s a great figure and you’ve based him well.
    error 404: signature not found

As a break from working on the Hippo I smashed into the Cyclops for a bit of easy painting..

very cool to see the before and afters. its amazing how a little TLC can give the minies a new lease of life.

Decided to wash in the basic shapes of the Hippo with an oil and enamel paint mix,smelly but effective.

I'm not sure why I thought using oil paint on my Hippo was a good idea but something quite interesting is developing from the smelly mess in front of me.....

It's driving me insane but there is a glimmer of light appearing as the skin gradually takes on a real sense of depth...

I am liking the magenta tones developing in the skin.

Took a break from painting the Hippo to finish off another Figone figure ,this time it's the Minotaure.....I like the soft look to the flesh on this one, painted with FW ink.