I really can\'t wait for the Wood Elves - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I really can\'t wait for the Wood Elves

Yippeeeee! (\'tleast for some of ya):
    Some characters WILL have the option of riding a (roll drum) GIANT STAG! There you have it! There\'s still no confirmed piccie of the beastie, so it\'s either still to come, or gone the way of Wave Serpent, Beast of the Ancients or High elf Pegasi... i.e. you\'ll have to make your own. We\'ll see...

Default quoting myself!!

Originally posted by supervike
    I\'m a bit depressed that they haven\'t made some Wood Elves Cavalry riding on the back of Stags. It seems that would have made them very unique.

As you can see from my previous post, GLBH, this news makes me very happy! I still want them to make the mini though...
    :rolleyes:

I do like the new Orion figure. But I\'m not getting it. I\'m doing pretty good not buying GW\'s stuff. I seem to be able to buy more of the other companies miniatures.

I\'m also looking forward to the new wood elf models..:)

Originally posted by Godlikebuthumble
    Yippeeeee! (\'tleast for some of ya):
    Some characters WILL have the option of riding a (roll drum) GIANT STAG! There you have it! There\'s still no confirmed piccie of the beastie, so it\'s either still to come, or gone the way of Wave Serpent, Beast of the Ancients or High elf Pegasi... i.e. you\'ll have to make your own. We\'ll see...
    I think I will believe the Stag when I see it I have the release schedule for teh figures including the limited edition (direct order only) models and there is no mention of a stag what so ever more over the rules say that whats her name and whats her name ride to war on a giant eagle or the Wood Elf Dragon but the kit coming out/pictures all indicate that they are both riding the Dragon unless you have to buy extra figures to put them on an eagle :( more money to GW :(

I have to agree though I was scepticle at first (who me never) but they really are nice figures and I was supprised at the amount of detail even on the plastics.

Originally posted by leviathan
    Hi @cdukino, I think the dryads will come in a box of 12 and retail at $35 a box. I think Ive also seen a dryad champion for $10, but Im not sure.
    The champion I think you will find is the Drycha or something like that. Also a link they just sent out in the Inquisitor news letter or whatever it was for the UK was a good set of pictures for different barks to paint your Dryads with DRYAD SHOWCASE now I am spoilt for choice of colour schemes and I have 16 of the blighters to paint hmmm one or two of each?

I had the battalion box in my hands today, but I resisted. I want to buy a few individual models first to play with paint schemes. Plus I wasn\'t to into those minis anyway, I\'m really dying to get my hands on some Glade Gaurd and Orion. Those Dryads are just too far away from my mental picture of Nymphs. All of the leader/unique character minis are sweet too.

Teah I know what you mean about the mental image of Nymphs being destroyed by those of the new Wood Elves but all the smae for plastics they really are nice models and I like them more and more each time I look at them Orion seems a good one but I fell in love with the Sisters of Twilight on that Dragon and if you want them on eagles you just swap the figures over as they have been sculpted to fit either although I am told they are not bringing out another eagle but you will have to use the war eagles for the wood elves for them.

Default another treeman alternative...

How cool is that sv?

OMG!!!!!

SV where the hell di you find that baby? I\'m off to ultra forge or whatever it is to have a look :D

I really like the new dryads, very nicely done. But the new treekin and treemen, really not a fan of those, much prefer the old treemen
    @Supervike, that treeman is awesome, how big is that thing?!

I\'d get the old sculpt of the forest dragon and put the sisters on that, it\'s basically the same model except it doesn\'t have all the random sprites crawling all over it

KingM that treeman is 10cm tall and well worth checking out on her website believe me it is awesome :D

I know what you mean about the treekin I have the Dryads and I am going to get a Branch Drycha thingy but I don\'t think I willl bother with the Treekin, I am getting one of theses babies instead :D

Flags are out I\'m having a party my Treeman turned up in the post just now fantastic sculpt and superb service, couldn\'t find a thing wrong with it even the arms went together well on a dry run straight from the bubble wrap :D:bouncy::bouncy::D

Originally posted by War Griffon
    Flags are out I\'m having a party my Treeman turned up in the post just now fantastic sculpt and superb service, couldn\'t find a thing wrong with it even the arms went together well on a dry run straight from the bubble wrap :D:bouncy::bouncy::D
    I agree. I don\'t think I will have to do a single bit of \'clean up work\' other than a quick washing before priming.

Great cast of a great mini!! Very impressive.