I really can\'t wait for the Wood Elves - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I really can\'t wait for the Wood Elves

Originally posted by supervike
    don\'t be dropping those nuggets without some sort of concrete evidence
    What? like this resin master in my hand?

Default I think you\'re doing that on purpose!

Originally posted by Avicenna
    Originally posted by supervike
    don\'t be dropping those nuggets without some sort of concrete evidence
    What? like this resin master in my hand?
    You like to make me suffer, don\'t you????lol

Hey good news 9 well for me at least ) rumors has it that the first previews of the wood elfs will be at the french GD. :flip: I\'ll be taking pictures for you guys of course ;) (that is if the rumors prouves to be true )

From my understanding Gary Morley is sculpting them. He did the current line which is horrid when compared to the old Jes Goodwin one plus he sculpted the Nagash (AKA Death Clown) mini. I will never forgive him for that.

Default nagash the death clown...

come on, there is something special about the most horrific nightmare in the GW world being sculpted to look a bit like Krusty the Klown....lollol

@frenchkid...when is the French Gameday??

@supervike: 24th of april. You get a bit of time befor I have to start tempting you to emptie your bank acount ;)

Default fair warning...

Originally posted by frenchkid
    @supervike: 24th of april. You get a bit of time befor I have to start tempting you to emptie your bank acount ;)
    So, I should start looking for a second job now?

One thing I have heard about the new Wood Elves is that waywatchers now have killing blow- with their missile fire.

Yup I\'v heard the same. But then again since I don\'t play I don\'t have a clue what it means ;)

I\'m going to start a wood elf army as soon as they are released in Sweden. :duh:

Originally posted by frenchkid
    Yup I\'v heard the same. But then again since I don\'t play I don\'t have a clue what it means ;)
    It makes them quite powerful now against knights and the like, where they were previously ineffective. In Warhammer arrows have very little chance of piercing armour. Killing blow gives them the ability to ignore the target\'s armour.

If you roll a 6 to wound, there\'s no armour save. Lethal stuff, like genestealers/rending claws in 40k.

Oh well seems normal to me, the french cavalry was decimated by the english bows after all :P

The killing blow ability was a joke posted on April fools day. I myself am apprehensive about the entire Wood Elf line. Seeing as it is the Morrisons and Morely doing the majority of it. :(

Someone on Dakka has gotten a picture of the new plastics at Gameday LA

Archers

I rather like them they are more than likely scuplted by Diaz or Hedström as they look nothing like either of the Morrison\'s or Morely\'s work

Originally posted by Kingloser
    Someone on Dakka has gotten a picture of the new plastics at Gameday LA

Archers
    Thanks for the link!

I don\'t know... I\'m glad they finally got rid of those silly belts with the gems on, but what\'s with the asymmetrical leather masks on their faces? Ugh...

I think it is a artistic play on a leather face guard some English Longbowmen used to wear to protect their ears from bow strings. Same with the draw string gaurd on the sholder and the arm and draw finger.

Well hard to tell with those horrendous paintjob on them. But looks like they could look great painted up in a less orcish looking way Quan\'t wait to see the heros and special units though :flip:

Gw posted a better picture up in sneak peaks it is smallish but the pait job is better. Though honestly the camo makes them hard to see.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer/image1.jpghttp://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpe...mer/image1.jpg