Thread: 2nd Tide Rules Changes

Default 2nd Tide Rules Changes

Hi - I have only recently bought the BaseGame, and have noted on line Video's showing the 2nd Tide game, and that Rulesof Play have changed -
    Does this mean the Base Game Rules are Broken?

There appears to be significant changes to the rules!!

Is there a Rule amendment download available?

Having just paid a lot for my game I would be very unhappy to discover itrequired such major res changes to make it work?

Cheers
    Garry

The rules changes for Second Tide are not required to play the base game. In fact, most of the rules changes affect the "fun" of the game, not the mechanics. Waiting to respond until your opponent makes all of his moves is not as fun as alternating activations. Having played the original rules over 50 times and the new rules a few times, I believe the changes don't really affect the gameplay, but address more of the "fun". Having upgrades to spend coins on instead of that "one-shot killer" attack is better as well.

If you're looking for a list of changes from the base game to 2nd Tide I've created a page of them here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxyd7adrum...Rules.pdf?dl=0

Hi Many thanks for the link to the rules amendments – will beinteresting to try these out.

I noted last night online a vid than mentioned an “UpdatePack” for the original game and factions to upgrade game play to the 2ndtide edition.

Cheers
    Pikeman1

Quote Originally Posted by Pikeman1 View Post
    Hi Many thanks for the link to the rules amendments – will beinteresting to try these out.

I noted last night online a vid than mentioned an “UpdatePack” for the original game and factions to upgrade game play to the 2ndtide edition.

Cheers
    Pikeman1

Yes, its a $15 pack that will contain all existing Hero cards from Season 1 (69 Heroes), updated full-color Tide Decks for the 4 factions, and updated Objectives for said factions.
    Senior Developer
    Dark Age, Massive Darkness, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Xenoshyft
    CMON Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by CMON Mr. Black View Post
    Yes, its a $15 pack that will contain all existing Hero cards from Season 1 (69 Heroes), updated full-color Tide Decks for the 4 factions, and updated Objectives for said factions.
    Is it KS exclusive?

Quote Originally Posted by Collja View Post
    Is it KS exclusive?
    No, it isn't.
    Senior Developer
    Dark Age, Massive Darkness, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Xenoshyft
    CMON Inc.

Thanks good to know.
    Just ordered the base game expansion going to play more games weith base rules before trying outr new rules .