Foxtail's Ongoing Painting Journey - Page 18
Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Foxtail's Ongoing Painting Journey

Cheers guys! It really is appreciated when I worked hard to make this something the client could be proud of.
    Thanks BaM, KB and Digga for commenting. You're golden

Those links again, just to try and entice a few more votes:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/416443
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/416442

Really well done! I bet your client is absolutely ecstatic with what you have done!

thats a bit of a stonker that is. well done.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

This looks incredible Fox! That green skin and the way you used many different shades of green on this model so skillfully is really impressive! I'm sorry to hear about your hiatus and I hope it will be brief! It really is inspiring seeing your work develop and I value your comments and feedback greatly!

I see I'm a bit late to the party here, but that base is awesome, I love all the little details! Tip to improve it in the future - add some colours to the rocks, just a few spots of purple, green, brown and so on. Inks are great for this. It makes it all seem less grey and it comes alive. Just a few minutes of work will have a huge impact.

Love it. The whole thing really came together. Well done!
    pax et bonum

Everyone, you are absolutely beautiful. Thanks for all the kind words.
    Oistene, I'll certainly take that on board for the next project! Thanks buddy

Really nice work.

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Very bright and shiny, love it, has a kind of a comic book look. Beautiful job Fox!
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Finished piece looks great, excellent job. Voted

Back, on the original thread. Because screw Mortarion, he's too big to worry about for now.

Guilliman is finally finished and up for sale. What was supposed to be a quick tabletop model took a bit longer than I was expecting.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  283.5 KB
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  246.2 KB
    Name:  face.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  35.7 KB

By popular request, I'll be tackling one member of my Inquisitorial retinue next.

Very nice work. Finished model looks great, all that detail must have been very hard.

Thanks Coyote. Made a bit of progress on my Inquisitor.

Name:  EC3355AA-9AA7-49D3-81C4-0FB3951D2D68.jpeg
Views: 180
Size:  50.6 KB

Nothing special

Nice. i like that shading in the bottom of the coat.

Bobby G. came out looking fantastic! I'm sure it felt great to finish a project of this magnitude. That inquisitor is looking really nice already. I love the colors on the lower half of the coat (not sure what the proper term for that is) and I'm excited to see how the rest of this turns out. The combination of blue and red is really striking.

My guess as to why what was supposed to be a quick table top miniature took so long was because someone painted past the table top quality. Good job! I also agree with everyone else about the blue/grey part of the coat, the contrasts in the highlights are really well done.

Coat contrasts looks excellent Fox!!!

Nice work all round I love the orc and dragon great work. Guilliman is sweet Im negotiating a price for painting one myself at the mo.

really nice colours in the lower part of the coat, the blue and brown compliment nicely.

really cool looking mini so far.

Thanks everyone! In particular Canny, thanks for taking the time to comment on a couple of submissions!
    Guawol, I’m not sure I can bring myself to just base, shade, layer, highlight any more.

Many irons in the fire at the moment, as well as the Inquisitor.

Name:  5D988728-6F25-46A3-B195-5B53CEA1D486.jpeg
Views: 143
Size:  31.8 KB

Horty has a basecoat and a very light shade, just to guide future glazes. I’m keen to make something special of this guy, though I’m still unsure of whether to put him on his ridiculous snail or convert a horse for him.

Name:  A38C2F8E-8CB7-48E0-99BC-F5BFDB1BA022.jpeg
Views: 144
Size:  71.8 KB

Got a Forgeworld Custodes dreadnought shaded. This guy is only really two colours, gold and steel, so should be a fun chance to play with metallics. It’s an outstanding model, but rough as hell and I’ve not done a great job cleaning him up. You can still see a few mold marks on him.

Name:  08DF2598-D2ED-4C38-AFC3-F31B4278067B.jpeg
Views: 143
Size:  50.1 KB

And his still damp base. Thought I’d go beyond the traditional drybrushed slate basing and try and get some more variation in there. There were some quite nice marble lines on there but I’ve glazed them into oblivion.