Foxtail's Ongoing Painting Journey - Page 34
Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Foxtail's Ongoing Painting Journey

Lovely work foxy all across the board... tell me ... the ones Cawdor the quick ones is it me or just like my quick shadespyre project aren’t these TT projects much more fun and liberating than the display pieces!!!;/

Default By the way fox

I heeded you calling and channeled my inner rustoleum back out to you!!! I see it has worked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    I heeded you calling and channeled my inner rustoleum back out to you!!! I see it has worked!!!
    More to come buddy! Really getting into this heavy weathering groove. Trying to dampen down my usual cartoony style.

Working on something quick and cheerful is definitely a nice change. Just trying to clear a few things before Rogue Trader and Orks drop. Anything that isn’t the gang, knights or the sacristan won’t be worked on for a while I don’t think. Into the WIP box abyss

Quite tempted to pick up a box of Cawdor, how are the models? Not seen any Newcromunda close up yet!

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Tudor View Post
    Quite tempted to pick up a box of Cawdor, how are the models? Not seen any Newcromunda close up yet!
    They’re awesome. Few fiddly bits on there but they are great fun to paint.

The blue looks darn good and I like it he shade of the copper paint you used.

Great to see you take a break from the really big pieces and you picked a great subject. I really like the look of that gang and would consider picking up the Forge World Cawdor model that is coming out in the near future. Will you be playing Necromunda or is this a project for a client? Necromunda has certainly tempted me with the quality of minis and terrain.

thats cool im definitely picking up a pack of cawdor myself. best looking gang so far

Thanks guys! Skel, I’d love to see what you could do with these guys.
    Kuribo, I’m not really much of a gamer, this gang was just a bit of stress relief for me (it didn’t work) in the middle of the Knights project. The forge world Cawdor model looks great, I’m already thinking of picking up another box of Cawdor and painting the gang leader as a display piece.

All done now at least. There aren’t any photos on my phone to post but I have some turntable (my new favourite toy) videos on Instagram here.

I might be taking a month off of work for Orktober with these new releases.

Name:  63A6C776-D353-4369-973C-5026C6A64F77.jpeg
Views: 227
Size:  135.7 KB
    Mediocre!

Seriously if no one paints silver spray around their mouths I’ll be very disappointed.

Greeeenskinzzzzz!!!
    Looking forward to see how you're going to bring these new releases into shape ;-)

I’m hearing ya mate.... so looking forward to these!!!

I knew you weren't of a gamer Fox, but for some reason I thought maybe Necromunda had persuaded you to give it a shot haha. Those Cawdor minis look fantastic on the turntable! I made an Instragram account and don't really like using my phone to take pictures but I do need to get on there more to follow what you and Hairster are up to!

Name:  Face1.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  152.6 KB

Made a start on my little Abominant buddy. I struggle with painting flesh, never really know how to start it.
    The face was painting from a violet base, hence it still being very purple. I realised halfway through painting it that the purple tones would be too strong over the whole model so I rebased the rest of the skin with Rakarth Flesh, which is by far my new favourite colour, it's useful for everything.

Great start fox, the face looks great with the deep purple shade.... and yes rakarth flesh is a very handy colour indeed.

The tones on the face look nice. I like thise purple tones.

Made a little progress on the torso yesterday. I’ll be revisiting a lot of the flesh later on to smooth it out and get the tones right.

Name:  BFC65357-92D0-4AC6-BEE3-FA5990A22A02.jpeg
Views: 134
Size:  461.0 KB

Love the purple choice for the face
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

I'm a big believer in Rakarth Flesh as well. You're off to a great start with this guy, especially that horrifying face! What range is this mini from? If it is GW, I don't recognize it but the sculpt looks really high quality and you're going to do a great job bringing out all the gruesome details. I look forward to seeing more updates soon!

I love the aberrants models and you’re doing a great job!