How much would just a 28mm+ head sculpt cost

Thread: How much would just a 28mm+ head sculpt cost

Default How much would just a 28mm+ head sculpt cost

What is going rate for a head sculpt complete with detailed hair etc for 28 or 35mm figure?
    Name:  20160905_134849.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  1.02 MBName:  20160905_135036.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  920.5 KBName:  20160905_135036.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  920.5 KB
    These are for 32mm figures

Cheers

Steve

are you asking how much you should ask for them?

As much as you value your time and materials while people still willing to pay what you are asking. Also compare to others who are making bits.
    Based on this anything between $0,5 and 5 could be realistic depending on if it's a one-off requested head or some pretty generic bit. Altough the $5 could be only justified if it's a one-of-a-kind pretty special for a special figure, etc,etc, etc (so not likely)

As a guideline:
    - 5 heads at puppetswar cost 7euro (about $8)
    - 5 heads as mad robots minis cost $4
    - 5 heads at hfminis cost 3GBP (about $4 or $5)
    - 10 heads at spellcrow costs 8 euro (about $9-10)
    - 20 heads at pig-iron 5GBP (about $6-7)
    - 5 heads at maxmini costs 7euro (about $8)

hmm, based on these the price is closer to about $1/head.
    Forgot, that it works again.

Errrrm not to disparage MAXXxxx but that's not a good comparison.
    Sale of heads is based on volume production, not on the investment in sculpture.
    Please bear in mind that the last time I costed up a 28mm figure to be sculpted was £200 and that was 10 years ago.
    I'd expect that costs will be comparatively increased.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Yes this is very interesting as my client payed a Lot more
    he originally wanted 5 heads and he come up with a figure of £150 as i had no idea what to charge.
    He then payed me an additional £50 because he was so impressed.

He then bought 2 more at £75 for pair

And now i have some one from Squiddio Games requesting a price

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Sale of heads is based on volume production, not on the investment in sculpture.
    ohh, then I misunderstood. I thought steveis36 sculpted those heads, want to make multiple casts and sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Please bear in mind that the last time I costed up a 28mm figure to be sculpted was £200 and that was 10 years ago.
    I'd expect that costs will be comparatively increased.
    in the mean time there are a lot more sculptors (3d mostly) so prices came down a bit because of that.
    Still a 28mm figure costs somewhere between £100 and £1000. The better and more famous the sculptor the more.
    What's funny that the requested details don't change the price that much. The 2 most relevant factors seem to be size and sculptor.

-------
    steveis36 : in that case you had a very good customer. so 1 head came to 30-40. Just a question to this? how long did it take to sculpt the head?
    Also if someone bought it for 30-40/head from you, then you can qoute that as a price and wait for a counter-offer to see if you could work out a price that's good for both.
    Forgot, that it works again.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXxxx View Post
    ohh, then I misunderstood. I thought steveis36 sculpted those heads, want to make multiple casts and sell them.

in the mean time there are a lot more sculptors (3d mostly) so prices came down a bit because of that.
    Still a 28mm figure costs somewhere between £100 and £1000. The better and more famous the sculptor the more.
    What's funny that the requested details don't change the price that much. The 2 most relevant factors seem to be size and sculptor.

-------
    steveis36 : in that case you had a very good customer. so 1 head came to 30-40. Just a question to this? how long did it take to sculpt the head?
    Also if someone bought it for 30-40/head from you, then you can qoute that as a price and wait for a counter-offer to see if you could work out a price that's good for both.
    MaXXxxx: i have no idea of time as thoroughly enjoyed sculpting them how ever i would say 2 heads per day may be 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by steveis36 View Post
    Yes this is very interesting as my client payed a Lot more
    he originally wanted 5 heads and he come up with a figure of £150 as i had no idea what to charge.
    He then payed me an additional £50 because he was so impressed.

He then bought 2 more at £75 for pair

And now i have some one from Squiddio Games requesting a price
    Personally I charge 100 for a sculpt (with mates rates and multibuy discount possibly dropping that lower). I know people who do less and a "good" sculptor will charge more, with a well known rep at least double that and increasing with complexity of the sculpt
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    Personally I charge 100 for a sculpt (with mates rates and multibuy discount possibly dropping that lower). I know people who do less and a "good" sculptor will charge more, with a well known rep at least double that and increasing with complexity of the sculpt
    Is that £100 for a head or a complete body etc?