Just wanted to say hi!

Thread: Just wanted to say hi!

Default Just wanted to say hi!

Hello! I'm not serious collector, but I do like a good mini for my RPGing. Been RPing for...a long time. 30+ years is all I'm admitting to!

Hope to talk with some of you soon.

Kim/blackwood13

Welcome to the forum!!! The people here are really nice. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The people here are always more then willing to share their collective knowledge. I suggest starting your own "Work-In-Progress" thread (Or WIP for short). That's where most of the people hang out and where you can get the best replies. I look forward to seeing your work. And if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to leave a message on someone's thread, or shoot them a Private Message. They'll do what they can to help you out, or at least point you in the right direction.

Hope to see your work soon,

Webmonkey,.. (resident smart-ass and pun-master)
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post
    Welcome to the forum!!! The people here are really nice. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The people here are always more then willing to share their collective knowledge. I suggest starting your own "Work-In-Progress" thread (Or WIP for short). That's where most of the people hang out and where you can get the best replies. I look forward to seeing your work. And if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to leave a message on someone's thread, or shoot them a Private Message. They'll do what they can to help you out, or at least point you in the right direction.

Hope to see your work soon,

Webmonkey,.. (resident smart-ass and pun-master)
    Hi, Webmonkey! I actually don't paint much anymore; all my paints dried up YEARS ago, and my brushes have gone AWOL. *lol* But I am thinking of getting started again, since I am in 2 RPGs and neither game's character mini is painted! And I know nothing about what brand paint to buy, what primers & sealers are the ones to use, etc. But I think I remember how to shave down a brush... (10/0 sometimes isn't small enough!) I was brought to this website b/c of a Pin on Pinterest! I was looking at some auctions here....so beautiful! I should get my best friend/DM to join & post some of her work, which is wonderful. But like the rest of our gaming group, she probably hasn't painted a fig (that's what we call mini figs) in over a decade.

Welcome! ..... and yes start painting, its good for the soul
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post
    Welcome to the forum!!!
    1:-The people here are really nice.
    2:-Webmonkey,.. (resident smart-ass and pun-master)
    1:- No, some of us are really EVIL, our camouflage is just superb!
    2:- Webmonkey.......No, apprentice smart-ass perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwood13 View Post
    But I think I remember how to shave down a brush... (10/0 sometimes isn't small enough!)
    SHAVING A BRUSH? (Apart from my initial misreading of that statement omitting the "r") My mind just went WHAT?
    Most of the painters on here (+/-) will be using 1,0,00 size brushes, a 10/0 well out of experience that just doesn't hold enough liquid paint to stay wet between palette and figure. Shaving one down even further? Sorry does not compute for me.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by blackwood13 View Post
    But I think I remember how to shave down a brush... (10/0 sometimes isn't small enough!)
    It is much, much better to use a quality brush with a really good tip. Brushes as thin as 10/0 don't hold much paint, so the paint will dry very quickly and painting just gets frustrating. Most people use brushes with sizes 0, 1 or 2 for basically everything.

EDIT: Dragonsreach apparently managed to ninja in a reply before mine... Cheeky!! At least, he agrees with me!
    Last edited by Ritual; 08-26-2016 at 06:19 AM.
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

woaw 10/0. should be nothing but a single hair, sort of

anyway, welcome!
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ritual View Post
    Welcome!
    EDIT: Dragonsreach apparently managed to ninja in a reply before mine... Cheeky!! At least, he agrees with me!
    Nope only time I Ninja is when I try to sneak a figure into the house and man cave before Fran see's it.
    Otherwise I'm just a Sneaky Bastard.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I get similar performance out of my size 4 WN7 that I get out of my size 1 and 2. In fact, I rather prefer it in many ways because it holds so much juice and has great capillary action. If I hadn't have used it so much with oils it may be my "go to" brush.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17