New to the Forum

Thread: New to the Forum

Thumbs up New to the Forum

hello!
    I came back from DragonCon and had a great time at the CMON boardgaming demo area and hope to start diving into the collection of great games (and even learn to paint some minis)
    Im also excited to hear from people on the forums and see what they are interested in.

Name:  keep-calm-and-welcome-to-the-madhouse.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  10.4 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

I agree with tenball,... be afraid,.. be very afraid!!!!
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

Pfft. Nothing to worry about. Everything is completely normal. Welcome.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Everything is completely normal.
    Normal
    Yeah right!
    Normal as in people wearing Crocs to competitions, having GW painting guides made of their photos, carrying a hammer to break fingers............Perfectly Normal.

We're just "Damaged" in the best possible ways, and I'm more cracked than anyone else.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Normal
    Yeah right!
    Normal as in people wearing Crocs to competitions, having GW painting guides made of their photos, carrying a hammer to break fingers............Perfectly Normal.

We're just "Damaged" in the best possible ways, and I'm more cracked than anyone else.
    Quiet you! You'll get the inmates all riled up again...

Inmates??? Who's an inmate??? Not me!!!,.. the doctor says I'm doing much better now,... *twitch,.... twitch,twitch*

Oh Christ, here we go... Run Charlie... RUN!

Quiet you! You'll get the inmates all riled up again...
    Inmates are OK it's the Outlaws I've got to deal with.
    The wife's the only 'Sane' one.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Inmates are OK it's the Outlaws I've got to deal with.
    The wife's the only 'Sane' one.
    Nah that's just your Stockholm Syndrome talking. She's crazy too.

Nah that's just your Stockholm Syndrome talking. She's crazy too.
    Oooooooooh you didn't just go there, did you?
    , and proud of it.

Trust me buddy, the crazy lady I live with swears up and won she sane too. That’s how you know they are nuts. Of course I’ll deny everything if questioned directly and agree with whatever my crazy lady says – it’s a survival mechanism

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieMW View Post
    hello!
    I came back from DragonCon and had a great time at the CMON boardgaming demo area and hope to start diving into the collection of great games (and even learn to paint some minis)
    Im also excited to hear from people on the forums and see what they are interested in.

Did you try the paint and take at D*C? I'm not into the actual gaming bit, but my husband has been going on and on about warhammer for weeks and talked me into doing the free mini painting in the gaming section and it was really satisfying. Now I want to get into painting minis just for the fun of painting tiny things. I'm not much into warhammer, but there seem to be a wide variety of other minis available and he'd enjoy some minis for D&D campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by ruinerswife View Post
    Did you try the paint and take at D*C? I'm not into the actual gaming bit, but my husband has been going on and on about warhammer for weeks and talked me into doing the free mini painting in the gaming section and it was really satisfying. Now I want to get into painting minis just for the fun of painting tiny things. I'm not much into warhammer, but there seem to be a wide variety of other minis available and he'd enjoy some minis for D&D campaigns.
    Warhammer is usually the "gateway drug" into this hobby. No doubts about that. However,.. there are a wide range of models and manufacturers out there that produce just about anything you could want. Futuristic sci-fi stuff,.. fantasy stuff,.. monsters, dragons, superheros,.. you name it. If you want it, I'm sure there's someone out there who makes it. Point is,.. Warhammer is all well and good and all,.. but please don't limit yourself to only their products. Because if you do, you'll be missing out on some truly beautiful pieces.

We went out to a (only vaguely) local mini gaming shop and picked up some really cheap reaper minis to start out and experiment with. We ogled the malifaux sets and arena something or other. It's really nice that Reaper has some items that aren't shockingly expensive.
    I've been looking at the main gallery and then heading to the main websites of the other companies. We've both been in awe of the Kingdom Death Knights.

If you want to see some great pieces and great work,... check out the work in progress threads, and feel free to ask questions if you see a model or a paint technique that you like. People here are happy to explain how they did things.

Welcome to the forums. And don't worry about all the nuts. They are mostly harmfless and often very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    Welcome to the forums. And don't worry about all the nuts. They are mostly harmfless and often very helpful.
    "HARMLESS" no f, also you can edit your post....if you can be arsed that is. I am not nuts either, its a mild mental disorder.

p.s how helpful was that? ^ lol
    Last edited by cassar; 09-12-2016 at 12:41 PM.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

As one of The Legion, CMON's demo team, that was at Dragon Con, Welcome! We could always use a few more folks to join the ranks of board gaming!