Nakatan`s WIPs - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Nakatan`s WIPs

thanks! will post dome landscape wips here soon!
    Available for commissions. Check the gallery to see my best.

It is really hard to finish some projects. "Good morning, Midgar" is one of them. But... I almost done it. The only thing that keeps me from drinking and partying is a three final touches - bank of Midgar poster, that was too bright and so have to be changed to the dimmer one, the wooden base, that can take some nerves to install, and the street lighter, that looks kidna awry. The last one is fixed already, others two need some time to do.
    So... Here she is - the flower girl in the city of desaturated colours and dim lights that leaves no shadows. Hope you see her TOTALLY completed soon.
    Those outstanding posters were carefully done by my wife. BTW, you can hire her, if you want to see something drawn good. You can hire me, if you want to paint something!

Im` sorry for not uploading here ALL of pics. Too many of them, really. Check out my Patreon for rest of them.

https://www.patreon.com/user
    https://www.patreon.com/feael
    Me and my wife will be grateful for your Patreon support.
    All MY content (except spin-offs) IS FREE. Yes, you do not need to subscribe to see my posts. Instead, subscribe if you want to thank me for something useful you found there, want to support what i`m doing, or you want to win a mini painted by me in a raffle.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Top draw as usual Ivan, real impressive
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

looks great, but you ARE evil. Fried Chocobo? Who would do such an evil thing?
    Forgot, that it works again.

Lovely! Weathering is beautiful. Can't wait to see the posters tinted to match.

MAXXxxx, that`s actually not my idea) that was seen in e fake remake video, that was used for ps3 demonstration.

SaintToad, the only one that will be changed isn`t shown here, i already removed it. so, others are good enough IMO. the main idea that no one color could be brighter that Aeris` dress

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Top draw as usual Ivan, real impressive
    thanks for watching)

If you change nothing on this, it will get a 10 from me, Ivan. But I think that the white of the MFC signs, and the signage in general, needs a bit of weathering to incorporate it into the softly dingy look of the scene. The signs may be changed more frequently, and thus not acquire the degree of staining of the permanent objects, but I think you should add a bit of light weathering to further showcase Aeris. That's my opinion, anyway. Great job!

well, to be honest, i CAN`T do this. technically. i mean, i have a recipe from Ookami, but looks like i`ve done something wrong - i`ll tell about this on my Patreon. if i will do another project with posters, then i`ll continue with my tries, but now i`m pass. looks like i`m tired a bit from that project

So, she`s finished. Due to new CMON politics i have to upload 3 sets of pics (actually, there are only 4 pics in total). I`m really missing those never-ending scrolling collages. You can vote wherever you want =)
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/414348
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/414347
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/414345

Yeah I am bummed about the pics changes too. Still lovely work
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Outstanding project. Voted.
    No prizes for guessing what score I gave

Thanks, everyone. Well, as for posters, i will continue to dig this theme in my future projects. I think, then i can get my satisfaction =)

Welcome the living classics! My new project - Mordheim mercenary ogre. Those miniatures from GW golden age are kind of awkward - they are have some real character in it, but the sculpting is really not the top. IMO it still best modern GW 3D-printed dummies, but, well, there are lot of flaws and mistakes, common for newbie sculptors (i walked this path too, so i know how it looks). Well, that where Tamiya putty comes forward and fixes this. As you can see, i used some Tamiya putty on a grounded and partially painted model. Yes, this is as cool as it is! I think some minor work on his face will be a good idea.

You can track this project flow (and see more of it) on my Patreon page https://www.patreon.com/nakatan . I will be grateful for your support.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Great choice of model. Lots of character, like you said.
    As you develop those wonderful skintones, what type of brushstrokes are you using? I so wish I could see your work in person! Keep up the good work.

those mostly done by different kinds of stipling.

Loads of character already
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

thank you~!