Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Nakatan`s WIPs

oh thank you, pals. your comments are my salvation from my frustration =)
    Available for commissions. Check the gallery to see my best.

I'm eagerly awaiting the first brush strokes on this one, Ivan! It is an incredible piece of modelling already.

Also, I finally looked into your Patreon resources for a while yesterday. I found your article on various uses of the Dremel very helpful. Great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Just pop on over to nakatans w I p and when you see his work unfold you'll get that same feeling that we all did when we first laid out eyes in miniatures painted by heroes of old .you know that feeling when as a youngen when we saw out first painted models in that display case in our childhood gaming stores. That's the feeling I get!!! Times 100!!!
    I hear you BAM. It is like we have a Shep Paine Diarama book (man I love those) coming to us in real time. One of the reasons I offered my meager support to his Patreon page.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    I'm eagerly awaiting the first brush strokes on this one, Ivan! It is an incredible piece of modelling already.

Also, I finally looked into your Patreon resources for a while yesterday. I found your article on various uses of the Dremel very helpful. Great stuff!
    wow, that`s just great. i thought, that no one ever red this =)

Well, looks like i managed to start painting her, and that`s really good indeed. Here you can see my first steps, and you will surely see others =) Hope her painting will take less time, than my usual. As you can see, she become rather pretty gal after grounding, so, hope i got your trust now (that especially means, that my frankensteinish spin-offs are pretties too =)). So, keep in watch!

I will be grateful for your Patreon support. https://www.patreon.com/user?u=401971
    All my content (except spin-offs) IS FREE. Yes, you do not need to subscribe to see my posts. Instead, subscribe if you want to thank me for something useful you found here, want to support what i`m doing, or you want to win a mini painted by me in a raffle.

Also, i`m accepting commissions.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

This is (I love this word) superb! Can't wait to see this get painted up. And from probably my favourite game I've played. She just looks so great. Well done Nakatan

She looked good before, but with the base coat you can really see how outstanding the model is. I appreciate the spirit level on the floor as well
    error 404: signature not found

thanks for comments, pals!

As always, after putting up some base colors, i`m starting from darker areas, such as hair. Next stop is her blouse.

I will be grateful for your Patreon support. https://www.patreon.com/user?u=401971
    All my content (except spin-offs) IS FREE. Yes, you do not need to subscribe to see my posts. Instead, subscribe if you want to thank me for something useful you found here, want to support what i`m doing, or you want to win a mini painted by me in a raffle.

When i`m trying to think this out, she is NOT so almost there. But, all that left is her face, chest and dress, so i can hope to finish her soon enough. the face painting is started by now, hope you see it here soon.

some missed steps of her you can also find on my patreon

some progress on her face

Some progress he says yeah I would say that is some progress, really nice so far.

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Beautiful and lovely face. Thanks for sharing.
    Feel free to come by my WIP or have a look into my Gallery
    Voted on 5377 out of 235568 minis, and also left 847 comments on Cmon Gallery.

Hi Nakatan, she's looking awesome- both the paint and the sculpt!

Would you mind, either here or on your Patreon page, explaining how you use an underlayer of bright color on the cheeks & nose, then work softer colors over the top of it? Are you ever going back in and glazing more color on top of the skin tone, or is all of the rosy glow created by the color still visible underneath the surface of the skin? I read your great article on painting female faces, but I was wondering if you could explain a bit more how you achieve the beautiful 'glow' you do on your faces.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post

Would you mind, either here or on your Patreon page, explaining how you use an underlayer of bright color on the cheeks & nose, then work softer colors over the top of it? Are you ever going back in and glazing more color on top of the skin tone, or is all of the rosy glow created by the color still visible underneath the surface of the skin? I read your great article on painting female faces, but I was wondering if you could explain a bit more how you achieve the beautiful 'glow' you do on your faces.
    this effect mostly created with underlying color, on top of which i`m glazing fleshtones with lots of white in it.

thanks for your comments, everyone. here are moar of her face. Still not satisfied with expression, will try to fix this tomorrow. And yes, i intended something crafty and witchy in her face, but, well, i need to soften this feel =) its a little hard to perform on that 8mm tall face after all those giant busts)

All my content (except spin-offs) IS FREE. Yes, you do not need to subscribe to see my posts. Instead, subscribe if you want to thank me for something useful you found there, want to support what i`m doing, or you want to win a mini painted by me in a raffle.

That is incredible on such a small canvas! I think it's the smirk in her lips and eyes. I think it needs to show more in her lips and cheeks if that makes sense. It's like it's almost there. i wish i had the skill to tell you what is missing, but you are right the mischief is almost there it just needs to connect what is there in the eyes with her lips a bit more Maybe a little more upturn at one of the corners of the mouth?
    Couple of images from DA...

Does that makes sense or am I nuts?

Cheers,
    Zab
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

thank you, i`ll try this tomorrow for sure!

So, looks like i did it. Aeris was a rather simple project on a first sight, but, now i`m stick with her for long 4 months. That was somewhat hard time for me, so it was really tricky to find some time to go out with that flower girl.The sculpt itself also have some flaws even painting can not hide, but overall i`m pleased with her, my first female figure sculpted. Maybe sometimes i`ll come back with another one =)
    She is around 65mm tall, and her face is 8 mm tall. The figure scratchbuilt by me.
    As this is just a teaser, i will come back with detailed photosession and some tips on my patreon page. Here you can also see Tetsuya Nomura`s original concept.

Not only her mood, but also makeup changed alot through the work. Her complete face repainting chart is here https://www.patreon.com/posts/aeris-mood-airis-11212068

All my content (except spin-offs) IS FREE. Yes, you do not need to subscribe to see my posts. Instead, subscribe if you want to thank me for something useful you found there, want to support what i`m doing, or you want to win a mini painted by me in a raffle.

She's very beautiful
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Lovely work. It is cool watching your process. Seeing the early shots that look rather mediocre slowly transform into your awesome finished product is very enjoyable to witness. Thanks for sharing.