coming soon - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: coming soon

thank you my friends. I'm glad you like my work. I'm learning and I know that the world of miniatures. I hope to please you with new works.

Impressive as always Denis.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

You definitely have the skills to pay the bills sir!
    For HIS glory, by HIS Grace,
    TheLost

My WIP thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...34-TheLost-WIP

Great work, your attention to details in your sculpting is amazing, gives your models a very life like look.

Denis, those are some fascinating pictures you've shared. I have a few questions:
    First, what type of putty are you using and why? I have Green Stuff, Milliput, Apoxie, a few kinds of Super Sculpey (and more, I'm sure). What properties are most important in your materials to you as a sculptor?
    Second, are you letting the putty set before you finish off the details or is all the work done while the putty is still malleable? How many separate stages of sculpture does it take to produce e.g. the skulls you just posted?
    Sorry for all the questions, but I'm fascinated by the technical side of these things and figured you'd be a good person to ask!

Great to see all of these pictures. This is another masterful piece of work. I look forward to seeing the final result!

SaintToad. I am using supersculpey. I love the material. the most important requirement for the material - long working time. after each stage I look at items with fresh eyes. if I do not like something there is always the opportunity to correct the error. all the work I perform while the material is pliable. I sculpt the entire character is completely and only after all the work is done perform the heat treatment. very fine details I made of milliput. and to answer your last question - the time that I spent on the skull: day 1-skull of the horse. 1day-a human skull. Day 1-the details and textures. I hope I could answer your question. to me it is not difficult.

Thanks, Denis. I often find it necessary to bake some of the preliminary work with Sculpey so I have something firm to build upon later, so I am surprised and impressed that you are able to get such great results 'firing' it only once. Are you using Super Sculpey Firm?
    Thanks for answering my questions. I'm eager to see your next set of sculptures!
    Last edited by SaintToad; 04-10-2017 at 01:37 PM.

SaintToad . I am using supersculpey firms. or a mixture of sculpey and fimo

I am always astounded how your sculpts are ALWAYS anatomically perfect !!! I look forward to painting this!!!

My foto files very big. I don't show you progress. Sorry my friends ((((((((((

Not sure if that's part of a larger figure or just a zombie coming out of his grave, but it looks great and very expressive. What sort of tools do you use to create that leathery texture on the skin? It looks awesome!
    Last edited by SaintToad; 04-10-2017 at 02:41 PM.

It is the hand of the owner of hyenas.the tall thin figure and long thin fingers

Name:  1491843652522347896258.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  1.92 MB my tools for the texture of the skin. Hand made tools. I love to make tools for my purposes

Thanks! I've also found that many of the best 'tools' are weird little bits that happen to work well.
    That's a great book you're looking at, too! I've got the same one.