Kuribo's Mansions of Madness WIP - Page 19
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Kuribo's Mansions of Madness WIP

The gem and the scales of the armor look very nice. You continue to improve.

The finished deer looks perfect!

Wow, you should be stoked at that guy. He’s looking great. Definitely showing off how much you’ve improved with all the painting you’ve done this year.

Kuribo, my friend, you've have improved by leaps and bounds! You're cranking out some great stuff. You mentioned being unsure on how to do leather with the troll; Vincent Venturella has a video or two on doing leather that could prove very helpful to you, if you feel comfortable going back to that figure and trying out some of the techniques, or just trying them on the next ones. The elk is looking fabulous! And the rider is coming along great! I think the cloak is looking good; you could maybe push the shadows a little darker if you wanted to, but it could totally fly as is. The skin could worked a little more, I think. You could try smoothing out the area below the pecs and into the abs and around where you put your lightest highlights. Keep up the great work!!

Exceptional job on this bud!!!

That side by side shot of the elks says it all...congrats on developing so much in a short space of time.

Keep patient with the rider, you've made a fantastic start, take your time and move things forward.

Great work on the gem expecially if its a new skill...a little gloss varnish on it later down the line will bring it to life. You could maybe try to pick out some of the veins in those leaves if you are feeling confident...a slightly paler tone and a realy good brush....test out your strokes on a piece of paper first until you are confident.

Keep at it mate and look forward to the next update!

Thank you guys for the kind words! It really means a lot

Octavian - Good call on the skin! I worked on that a bit further and I think it definitely helped.

Hairster - I wish there was a bit better sculpted details in the leaves so the veins were easier to pick out. As they were, I decided my patience and sanity were best left in check so I did not attempt to paint veins which was my original intent. I appreciate the suggestion greatly and I agree that it would look great on this guy.

Here is another quick update for you. Assembly was a bit harder than I expected and I have to admit, I was initially devastated with how the rider looks in the saddle. I mixed and matched pieces on the elf and probably should have chosen slightly different pieces but alas, it is what it is. I think it is realistic to have him not be sitting straight up in the saddle and I'll try to make a display base that compliments that. I also intend on improve the shading with the leaves on the cloak a bit further (as I forgot to do this). Beyond that though, hopefully the piece looks good and I can focus on putting together a nice display base for this guy.
    Name:  Wild Rider WIP 12.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  236.1 KB
    Name:  Wild Rider WIP 10.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  264.5 KB
    Name:  Wild Rider WIP 11.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  254.5 KB

All looks great mate, and you already know my critique!

Nice to see some good quality photos of him!

You’ll be able to fix that little lean with your base, no problem. Or maybe he was just out drinking with a dwarf earlier in the evening.
    Looks great!

I love those colours, looks really fairy fabulous
    Last edited by Arkaan; 12-10-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Very nice painted rider. The mount is really outstanding!!
    The only thing I'd remark is the metal has no weathering at all... even an elf, who takes care of amor and weapons is affected by this ^^.

Very nice kuribo... by far your best piece yet... all looks fantastic. I love the blue shade to the steel and nice and shiny in true elf style (sorry graishak, but I’m a big fan of nice clean armour on elves )
    well mate I think the pose of the rider is great, I suggest when basing build up the back as if he is descending a steep slope and the riders pose will be spot on!!!
    Great work all round... I love it.