Kuribo's Mansions of Madness WIP - Page 25
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Kuribo's Mansions of Madness WIP

Thanks for the "insight". That helps.
    Voted and comment left for your Lord.

Just passing by to say hello! Happy to see your last miniatures show quite an improvement from last time I logged in these forums! Good push of that NMM! I'm still working on improving mine, but NMM will help you improve your understanding of light, and then you will indirectly improve your painting on the other aspects of the miniatures!
    Stay safe!
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

You're very welcome Graishak! Thank you for the votes/comments from you and everyone else who chipped in. I really appreciate it!

Thanks Maenas! You are too kind, my friend, and I hope you and your family are staying safe too!

Well, I've been working on this guy to try out the color scheme I started on Theoden's shield but applying it to something I don't typically paint to see how it turns out. Painting space marines takes a lot of time and concentration and there have been times in the past week where I questioned why I took on a project this big considering I'm not a huge 40k fan but I'm still chipping away at this guy as best I can and hopefully it ends up being something pretty nice when all is said and done.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

The green armor and the carmo cloak look very promising. I'm feeling confident, that this will turn out great.
    Maybe you can add some dirt to the armor, as this guy looks like a "jungle soldier".

Some really nice work in this thread, love that space marine! really like the radial brushed metal effect on his pack.

Thank you both and Graishak - Weathering is something I haven't been thinking about and probably will need to start doing that soon so I'm glad you mentioned it. Stay tuned on that.

Here is another week's progress. I did some things I've never done (or never done well) before like a purity seal and freehand on the scroll. While I'm sure if I was a seasoned 40k painter, I'd do even better with them, I'm reasonably happy with the results. Not too far to go now...

Name:  Dark Angels Primaris Captain Phobos Armor WIP 3 - First.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  230.7 KB
    Name:  Dark Angels Primaris Captain Phobos Armor WIP 3 - Third.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  352.2 KB
    Last edited by Kuribo; 08-16-2020 at 11:24 AM.

The Primaris Captain is done. It took a month and I really had to utilize all my skills and learn a few new ones but I'm happy with the results overall. Definitely my best work yet and I hope to improve even more from here. I'll get him up in the gallery soonish

Name:  Dark Angels Primaris Phobos Captain Finished 1.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  314.1 KB
    Name:  Dark Angels Primaris Phobos Captain Finished 2.jpg
Size:  262.7 KB
    Name:  Dark Angels Primaris Phobos Captain Finished 3.jpg
Size:  299.7 KB
    Name:  Dark Angels Primaris Phobos Captain Finished 4.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  246.1 KB

Top job on the SM, love the cloak and armor. Only critique I have is the face/head looks kind of flat and could maybe use a shade or glaze or two to get some shadows or other color there.

Beautifully done! this shall be added to my 'I must try harder' photo reel

Great job! Will surely drop a comment, once it is on your gallery :-)

I live the tidiness of this paint job!.

Thank you all so much for the comments. It made very glad to know that my painting peers like this one!

@Eki - I couldn't agree more on the feedback. I should have been more careful when painting the head as a sub-assembly as I think the contrast of the armor made it so the face needs extra contrast too. I was disappointed when I took final pictures of this and realized that the face was too light. Definitely something to learn from and improve upon.

I went ahead and put him in the gallery, you can vote on him here. I appreciate each and every one of you who do vote

The camo cloak works so well with the green armour. Skin seems perfect for a dude constantly hiding in shadows half the time and wearing a helmet the other half.

You're too kind Bullfrog, I think he could be a little less pasty (but then again I feel the same way about my own skin tone so what can you do!?) but I appreciate it all the same.

I don't have any work to show off this week but I did want to drop by and thank each and every one of you who voted. It is an honor to be on New and Notable and I couldn't have done it without you taking the time to vote, so thank you